Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NTL Cap reset

Options
  • 30-01-2007 6:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭

Hey folks

I got NTL installed last Friday and just wondering when the cap resets? I've heard the 1st of every month, will this be the case for myself being a new customer?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭Mistmyr

The sad truth is that no-one really knows...

I believe in another post someone said after a conversation with tech support that its a rolling 30 day cap,
    but where they set their date from is anyones guess..

I run du-meter a lil program that measures DL/UL, and after receiving 2 letters (back in Aug/Sept)
    about over usage iv stayed within the 40 gig monthly allowance.

I just go month to month sofar iv been ok (fingers crossed)

Call them and ask them if they are ever going to put up a page where we can check our monthly usage,
    I still think its strange that u can be kicked for over-usage but they have no way for you to CHECK your usage ??

Misty

• Registered Users Posts: 46 mrooqie

hello.
    Could Yuo tell me something. Because i just orederd NTL broadband so i have question
    Terms and Cond. says that you have 40gb usage for DOWNLOAD only. is it true? upload is not in 40gigs limit ?
    And how the situation looks like when you download over 40gigs.One point says that after 2gigs over u will be automaticly switched to better option. What the doing when you go over limit ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

mrooqie wrote:
    hello.
    Could Yuo tell me something. Because i just orederd NTL broadband so i have question
    Terms and Cond. says that you have 40gb usage for DOWNLOAD only. is it true? upload is not in 40gigs limit ?
    And how the situation looks like when you download over 40gigs.One point says that after 2gigs over u will be automaticly switched to better option. What the doing when you go over limit ?

Hi

The usage is Upload and download (40Gb usage limit) it was only download in the past but they changed a few months ago. Probably the T&C's were not updated after they changed them.

Not sure if they send warning letters if you go over the 40gb. Some boards members said that they did got warning letters and other just disconnection letter.

Regards

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

I got another warning letter yesterday, think thats my second. They havent got time to fix their issues, answer the phone or reply to email, but they do have time to send these spasticated letters out. ****. I cant wait till they cut me off, Im cancelling the whole lot of the services I have with them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 freefall20

The cap goes on a rolling month. So say you use 10GB the 10th Jan then that 10GB will come back to you on 9th Feb stupid I know but thats the why UPC do it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement