Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Frank Magowan Furniture

Options
  • 30-01-2007 6:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭

Just wanted to convey my experiences with Frank McGowan in Airside this past month.
    I purchased a number of items late December and was told they were ready for delivery within two weeks. Seemed reasonable to me and as a result we went ahead with the purchase.

Numerous phone calls to them later and still no furniture. Latest they tell me now is mid-February. I have no faith in them delivering by that date either.

Each time I get on to complain they tell me that the Sales person (the guy who originally sold me the furniture) will call me back. To this day he hasnt phoned me yet. At one stage I was told over the phone that this particular sales person is 'always doing that' (referring to the fact that he always promises delivery dates just to make the sale)

If they had told me when I was buying the furniture that it would not be available until mid-February then at least I could have decided whether to go ahead or not. But what I hate most are the blatent lies just to get a sale.

If I ever do receive the furniture I will certainly never shop there again!

I will keep you posted

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭catch--22

Very frustrating!

Even more so when the one thing they are failing on is the one thing that convinced you to buy!

Hope you get sorted soon! Keep us updated!

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

I think we need a furniture store subsection.

• Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭bambam

I gave up buying furniture from Dublin due to long lead times and zero haggling. I found Navan to be much better.

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Sidney77

i think if it goes over half the lead time you are entitled to a refund, shop around, some shops sell from the floor so you might be lucky, if their head office know he does this they should be doing something about it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,253 ✭✭✭jackofalltrades

I gave up buying furniture from Dublin due to long lead times and zero haggling.
    A no haggling policy is well suited to Dublin stores, where there are usually more staff on the floor than country based operations which could lead to customers playing staff off against each other. Also most people out there IMHO are fairly crap at haggling.

Long lead times on certain pieces of furniture can also be put down to offering a wider degree of customisation on these products.
    i think if it goes over half the lead time you are entitled to a refund
    I've never heard of this, do you have any link or refernce to this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭ZYX

What ever you do don't use Montana furniture. Their advertising stinks

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

Luky Lady and Dellydiot both banned permanently for spam and very badly trying to pretend they are not the same users

Advertisement