Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Recommend a good Fire-Wall

• 30-01-2007 6:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 480 ✭✭

I currently use Zone-Alarm on my PC.

I was wondering if anyone else can recommend a good Fire-Wall that is free of course :)

thks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

The basic Windows Firewall if you have Windows XP SP2, I use Comodo Firewall and find it excellent. I used to have Sygate but that was swallowed up by Symantec, you can still download it but ain't supported, its still good. Kerio and Outpost all have free versions which are good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

thumbs up for kerio, been using it for the last couple of years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,513 ✭✭✭Tony H

I have been using Comodo Personal Firewall for a few weeks and so far so good

http://personalfirewall.comodo.com/

its free as well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 480 ✭✭Barlow07

Thanks for the replys :) I am going to download comodo and give it a try.

I was using Zone-Alarm for over a year, but im finding that its not letting me download some music and may also be slowing down the speed of the download. I could be wrong completely, but sure whats the harm in changing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 98 ✭✭Mr Mojo

Comodo - ftw.

I found outpost to be a pain in the arse! Too many BSOD's for my liking.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Had my few niggles with Comodo (switched from the defunct Sygate after a refresh a few weeks back) but once I got used to a few quirks, I'm liking it a bit more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭mick.fr

Kerio PF is pretty good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 785 ✭✭✭segasega

Used to use Zone labs and found it was doing a few odd things so switched over to Comodo a few weeks back and its great....so far.

Advertisement