Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cable modem

Options
  • 30-01-2007 6:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭

Does anybody here know where i can buy a new cable modem for chorus broadband.my old one is working fine apart from the ethernet output which will not work.i want it for online gaming.i called chorus asking them if they could replace it but they told me they would not replace it because online gaming was not their priority.

i read on the internet that cable modems were locked to their networks

any help will be appreciated

thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭dathiultaigh

ciano1 wrote:
    Does anybody here know where i can buy a new cable modem for chorus broadband.my old one is working fine apart from the ethernet output which will not work.i want it for online gaming.i called chorus asking them if they could replace it but they told me they would not replace it because online gaming was not their priority.
    thanks

Not an answer to your question really cause I dont know what equipment you could buy but is your old modem supplied from chorus and if one of the ports is broke why dont you get them to replace it seeing as its their equipment and it aint there equipment then see if its under warranty and get a replacement from the manufacturer.

If you want to try tweaking you cable modem or OS for a faster internet service then try programs like Cablenut and read up on sites like www.testmy.net which has forums, tests , etc

As for the comment that "online games are not a priority" ... b@llock's ... that kind of response stinks of some phone rep just fobbing you off to end the phone call. All ISP's market their services towards certain types of users and gamers are definatly one of those bigger groups that their marketing is aimed at.

Dont except that kind of customer support cause you will get nothing sorted.

Advertisement