Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Animation at Iadt

Options
  • 30-01-2007 6:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hey... just wondering if anyone can tell me what they want in your portfolio at dun laoghaire Iadt? I put it on my Cao for the laugh, I'm not really sure what I want to do yet. I love animation and could easily put something together in time, just wondering what... I didn't actually do art for the leaving (it's not actually necessary according to their site 'tho, unless that's a mistake...) I guess I was wondering in particular what they want a 3d model of, like a character or something? Made out of...? And what are you supposed to put in the notebooks? Also if anyone out ther could tell me what the course is like... inspirational or suicide enducing? Thanks :)
    and sorry if I posted this in the wrong place...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭Petey2006

Hey. I've been working in animation for the last 3 years. I didn't go to IADT (Dun Laoire) I went to Ballyfermott, but I applied to IADT and got in. What they're looking for is the ability to draw. Sounds simple, eh?! So any life drawings you've ever done, any observational drawings. Use as many different media as you can (pencils, charcoal, paint, pastels, etc). Show good observation, an understanding of shape and volume and you should be fine. One thing they really lap up is if you take a notebook or two and go somewhere public and start drawing people. Just really quick observations of the way people sit, stand, walk, pose, etc... They love that kinda thing. Otherwise, anything artistic you can stick in will be fine. But what I've listed above is a sure fire way to get ahead of the posse.

Best of luck, and if you've any other questions, feel free to ask away!

Advertisement