Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

High Upload

Options
  • 30-01-2007 7:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭

What is the best value way to achieve 1Mb/sec upload speeds (or as close to that as possible). I can get wireless with 1Mb download and 1Mb upload for €149/ex VAT (15:1 contention) or I can get a 2x 3Mb download and 384k upload ADSL lines (20:1 contention) for €40 each/ex VAT.

I basically have the main office in 1 town and 2 other satellite offices in 2 other towns about 20-40 miles away.

The two satellite offices will be using software via terminal services (server in main office) for sales and thus it is necessary that they do not run out of bandwidth.

I also have CCTV systems in each satellite office that I would like to view remotely.

Which would work better:
    1 wireless 1Mb/1Mb connection or 2 ADSL 3Mb/384k connections?

I am worried about the extra latency in a wireless connection.

Any advice/help is much appreciated,
    Noel.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 339 ✭✭mastermind2005

id personaly go with the 2 adsl, specially if there with 2 seperate providers, youll have Redundancy, if you measure the 1/1 connection you wont get the full one up and down anyway

Advertisement