Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wild Onion - rudeness.

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,338 ✭✭✭hobie

btw you are right about the toast. Its always rare to medium and never well done.

Someone I know likes toast medium on one side and not toasted on the other side .....

very nice, so I'm told ..... :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

hobie wrote:
    Someone I know likes toast medium on one side and not toasted on the other side .....

very nice, so I'm told .....

Hmmmm dunno.....

...if its not crisped and texturally altered to an acceptable level subsequent to the application of measured heat from a grill or toaster etc. then I think technically its still just called bread.

Probably in much the same way that any procedure or process can be fcuked up if you have a sufficiently capable idiot on duty.

Its just a matter of getting [the very basics] it right - no point in calling something that which it is in fact not.

For example, the part of the body last passed by faecal matter as it exits our lowly forms; now is that called the customer or the A**h*l* ?

Yeah - theres no such thing as bad publicity - the voyeur in us all will keep this establishment thronged as we eat limp-floppy toast and crane our necks to see the unsuspecting being put upon and abused.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

so are you coming back to the darkside and will we see you chomping on some undercooked toast with your Denver Omelette or perhaps a Reuben.

btw you are right about the toast. Its always rare to medium and never well done.

Nope. I'm done there. Unlike the toast :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,821 ✭✭✭irishproduce

I'm going in this weekend so i'll let ye know how it goes

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭grasscutter

I'm going in this weekend so i'll let ye know how it goes

best of luck........take your ear plugs and just enjoy the food:)

• Advertisement

I'll bring a lighter too just in case the toast is a bit bloody

• Registered Users Posts: 10 chrislimerick

ladds ye have got miles out of this thread :):):)

ladds ye have got miles out of this thread :):):)
    perhaps we can make this thread a sticky so we can discuss future customer/toast abuse or even stories of customer satisfaction:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Sakky

When I first came to Limerick and I was brought here by a friend from work for the "experience". I thought it was gas. I wouldn't say the food was gorgeous but it did the job and there was lots of it. Ruth chatted to us and to most people and it was entertaining I suppose, even if she was giving out or slagging. Now when I have visitors, I bring them just because it's not the norm. I am not a regular but when I do go, I go because I want to see what's going to happen.

Well guys I went in *Tremble*

It was grand, your one is a bit in your face alright. I was only in the door and she was immediately asking me questions.

I think its best you didnt complain about the medium rare toast, Bob looks like he would kick your head in either way.

Final opinion for a lunch hour fill up: 4 out of 5 stars

:D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Well guys I went in *Tremble*

It was grand, your one is a bit in your face alright. I was only in the door and she was immediately asking me questions.

I think its best you didnt complain about the medium rare toast, Bob looks like he would kick your head in either way.

Final opinion for a lunch hour fill up: 4 out of 5 stars

:D

Glad you enjoyed the food and experience. It's a nice place. I miss it tbh. The torrent of needless abuse I suffered will ensure I never return however.

p.s. My pal didn't complain. He simply asked for it to be toasted more.

You'll go back

I doubt it.

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭ellenmelon

lord, no offence but this thread has become rather dull.

i get that people need to know stuff, and share stuff about this place but argh could there not be a sticky devoted to limerick restaurants in general? reviews etc etc...and make this one diiiieeee.

sounds good to me. People could recommend the best place to go and warn about any dodgy places.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,735 ✭✭✭yankinlk

misunderstood ruth and bob rock!

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭ellenmelon

sounds good to me. People could recommend the best place to go and warn about any dodgy places.

glad you like it. it would have to have criteria though so people didnt just ramble on. usually ambience(which covers decor etc etc), food and service and overall impression, which are given marks out of 5 or 10.whether its licensed too.and if someone had already posted about the restaurant, you just reply to that original thread. after giving the marks you can write what you thoughts on the place.

i dunno, thats just how i think it would be best organised.

ps i think that if it was given a budget rating too ie € for cheap €€ for middle of the road...you get the jist...it would help people out too.

I agree.

Wild Onion ratings then:-

Ambience 6.
    Food 8.
    Service 0 :D
    Value 6.
    Overall. 5.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

8 for food? You have to be joking.
    I would rate it a 3 at the most in there.
    But I find american cuisine somewhat lacking.

No I always thought the food there was tasty, plentiful, and different. Honestly.

Burgers and spuds were good. Breakfast was a eating challenge! :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement