Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TV3/Discover Ireland

• 30-01-2007 7:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭

I know this has been raised before, but TV3, as usual, are excluding Waterford from the weather reports. This was bad enough at night, but it has now spread to the Ireland AM programme, when only one screen is displayed.

To cap it all off this website:

http://www.discoverireland.com/gb/experience-ireland/city-breaks-experience/

must take the biscuit. It is truly maddening.:mad:

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,500 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Wow, its really the little things that piss you off :D

Its not like its the end of the world to be honest, have you perhaps e-mailed TV3 regarding their choice to ommit Waterford from its weather coverage.

I don't watch TV3 myself but I'm happy as long as Kilkenny is on it ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,430 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Freddie59 wrote:
    I know this has been raised before, but TV3, as usual, are excluding Waterford from the weather reports. This was bad enough at night, but it has now spread to the Ireland AM programme, when only one screen is displayed.

I know loads of Dubs and Waterford doesn't really register in their 'subconcious', not in the same way Wexford or KK do at any rate. Perhaps thats the reason for Waterford's exclusion?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,500 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

mfitzy wrote:
    I know loads of Dubs and Waterford doesn't really register in their 'subconcious', not in the same way Wexford or KK do at any rate. Perhaps thats the reason for Waterford's exclusion?

I guess not enough stag party's go to Waterford at the weekend :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Dubs out! Oh they're not here...I see. :(

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭Freddie59

Cabaal wrote:
    Wow, its really the little things that piss you off :D

Its not like its the end of the world to be honest, have you perhaps e-mailed TV3 regarding their choice to ommit Waterford from its weather coverage.

I don't watch TV3 myself but I'm happy as long as Kilkenny is on it ;)

Point taken. And yes - I have e-mailed TV3. But, as always, there will be no response. But if it was the other way round, and say, Mullingar was included instead of Kilkenny, I'd say you lot might have something to say then.:rolleyes: ;)

All joking aside, while it may appear small, it represents the thinking inside the Pale towards Waterford City. It is, IMO, very disrespectful towards us.:mad:

It is all about exposure and promotion Cabaal. And equality. Three things we receive very little of in Waterford City - the oldest city in Ireland.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Dan133269

it really is a joke in my opinion, I noticed it ages ago aswell.
    5th largest city in Ireland and that doesn't warrant a mention on the weather report. Hopefully it will come back to bite them in the arse, somehow :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Bards

Dan133269 wrote:
    it really is a joke in my opinion, I noticed it ages ago aswell.
    5th largest city in Ireland and that doesn't warrant a mention on the weather report. Hopefully it will come back to bite them in the arse, somehow :D

get a peitiion going and send it to the advertisers stating we the undersigned will not be watching any programmes on TV3 until Waterford City is put back on the map.

get WLR and Timmy Ryan to back it and ask Waterofrd people to bycot TV3.

See how the advertisers react to TV3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭Asmodean

I guess not enough stag party's go to Waterford at the weekend

Me hole!! The train is basically crammed with the loud obnoxious ***** every other friday!! :)

Tbh I think ye're making a bit too big a deal out of it. Who cares if its omitted. Just watch the weather on rte instead! TV3's a crock of **** anyway. TG4 totally kicks its ass!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Fandyfan

hee hee the weather will forever be a mystery to us waterford folk :D maybe its gonna snow tomorrow...who knows! :D

Fandyfan wrote:
    hee hee the weather will forever be a mystery to us waterford folk :D maybe its gonna snow tomorrow...who knows! :D

Nothing like the talk of the weather around the town, random punters in the pub swearing with their life on there being a feckin meteorite shower the following day. good fun though :)

• Advertisement

Bards wrote:
    See how the advertisers react to TV3

Brilliant suggestion. Hit them where it hurts. Well done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 366 ✭✭kilkennycat2004

KK is a far more important part of the country anyway so that can be reason number one but also Met Eireann have 13 weather monitoring centres & KK is one of those.

For the record the 13 are Belmullet, Birr, Casement, Claremorris, Clones, Cork, Dublin & Shannon Airports, Malin Head, Mullingar, Rosslare & Valencia & the greatest one of all in KK City.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Psychedelic

Freddie59 wrote:

haha some coincidence you mention this Freddie. I received an email pointing this out to me this morning, so I rang Discover Ieland (well it was actually Tourism Ireland) and they they got back to me and said they would add Waterford as a city, that they are working on it now and it should be ready in the next day or two. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

KK is a far more important part of the country anyway

I admire your pride, sure, but I'd like to see you back that statement up with a few concrete facts :p

Let's see, a Met station and a nice tally of All-Irelands, for starters... what else?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭Roen

Don't worry lads, we have an automated station up at Tycor, provides endless entertainment for the disaffected hoards with nothing better to do than vandalise it.

KK is a far more important part of the country anyway so that can be reason number one but also Met Eireann have 13 weather monitoring centres & KK is one of those.

For the record the 13 are Belmullet, Birr, Casement, Claremorris, Clones, Cork, Dublin & Shannon Airports, Malin Head, Mullingar, Rosslare & Valencia & the greatest one of all in KK City.

:rolleyes: comment as expected.:rolleyes:

haha some coincidence you mention this Freddie. I received an email pointing this out to me this morning, so I rang Discover Ieland (well it was actually Tourism Ireland) and they they got back to me and said they would add Waterford as a city, that they are working on it now and it should be ready in the next day or two. :)

Well Psych.

That's gas alright. But as I've said already we got the result. www.daft.ie also had us excluded from the City list. Following a quick e-mail (to which they responded very nicely) we're now on it.

Pity TV3 were not as mannerly.

Freddie.

Don't worry about that, sometime in the near future we'll have encroached into Kilkenny so far that it'll be a waterford station! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,272 ✭✭✭merlante

Freddie59 wrote:
    Well Psych.

That's gas alright. But as I've said already we got the result. www.daft.ie also had us excluded from the City list. Following a quick e-mail (to which they responded very nicely) we're now on it.

Pity TV3 were not as mannerly.

Freddie.

I sent daft an email on that about 5 years ago and got no response.

fricatus wrote:
    I admire your pride, sure, but I'd like to see you back that statement up with a few concrete facts :p

Let's see, a Met station and a nice tally of All-Irelands, for starters... what else?

Ok lets not start this ****e again, you know that neither side will win or back down so just leave it :rolleyes:

Hell I'm from Kilkenny but I'm not going to start this **** here because in the end Waterford think their great and we think we're great so nobody is going to win this bloody pointless argument.

• Advertisement

We don't care where the weather stations are, we want to know what the weather will be like in Waterford.

As for KK being far more important, there are probably places on the internet you could write that without getting laughed at, but I don't believe here is one of them. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,430 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Jesus I'm sure the people of Waterford are so envious of us and our crappy little weather station:rolleyes: and mentions on TV3 weather that nobody even watches!

I would gladly trade the weather station (2 employees max) for Waterford IT or Reg Hospital! Any takers? Didn't think so...

mfitzy wrote:
    Jesus I'm sure the people of Waterford are so envious of us and our crappy little weather station:rolleyes: and mentions on TV3 weather that nobody even watches!

I would gladly trade the weather station (2 employees max) for Waterford IT or Reg Hospital! Any takers? Didn't think so...

Right so, when do you think we could do the deal? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭Roen

Who's on for a Simponsesque weather station raid into North Waterford?

Roen wrote:
    Who's on for a Simponsesque weather station raid into North Waterford?

Sure how feckin' expensive can they be? :)

Still, we were really caught sleeping at the wheel when weather stations were given out, weren't we? :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Bards

merlante wrote:
    Sure how feckin' expensive can they be? :)

Still, we were really caught sleeping at the wheel when weather stations were given out, weren't we? :eek:

I think we were on Strike at the time:D

Just to be serious for a moment, Waterford does'nt need a station. Rosslare covers the South East costal zone while Kilkenny town covers in South East interior. As anyone who ever travelled from the coast to Kilkenny will know the climate can be quite different esp during high pressure. in winter its fupping freezing, in summer stifling hot.

Mike.

mike65 wrote:
    As anyone who ever travelled from the coast to Kilkenny will know the climate can be quite different esp during high pressure. in winter its fupping freezing, in summer stifling hot.

Mike.

Well thats cause Kilkenny City and county are an inland county so it works that way :)

I know that! Thats why they have a station there and in Rosslare and not in Waterford.

Mike.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

There is no pleasing some people.

Advertisement