Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Eve] Eve question

Options
  • 30-01-2007 8:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭

This seems like a game I would really enjoy... a return to Frontier: Elite days. However, as I'm a little short on cash :( , I just want to clarify something before I make my mind up. Is it true that the game, while free to download, costs $30 (€24) for every 50 days:confused: If that's true, it would work out about €175 per year, which is around €100 more then I would ever be willing to pay.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭D

nah it's 14.99 yoyos a month.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

D wrote:
    nah it's 14.99 yoyos a month.

You can get timecodes for 11.75 for 30 Days & 30.46 for 90 Days

This is where i get mine at. :D

Also you guy buy them in game off people for isk or sometimes minerals :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

Hummm, that's still 120 a year.

I have much to ponder!

Thanks

Well the added advantage of eve is if you do get a bit bored with it you can wait for your account to be about a few hours away from deactivation leave a long skill like cruiser V running come back in 20 something days and itll be finished, for free! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭tba

Also getting more than a month at a time is cheaper than each month seperate, but Roots plan is better tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Mantel

The time cards sound the cheapest, especially if you can get them for in-game money.

The current prices of plain old subscribing are

1 Month 14.95
    3 months 38.85
    6 months 71.70
    12 months 131.40

(all in euro)

Don't pay more than 140mil isk for a 30 day or 350mil for a 90 day code in game and always try and haggle :D

Goon swarm are desperate to sell time cards at the moment

... I would imagine

I see they have a 2 week trial. Huzzah!

I'll give it a blast and then see.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

If that's true, it would work out about €175 per year, which is around €100 more then I would ever be willing to pay.
    One of the things about MMPG's - and EVE in particular - is that you only pay as long as you play. So if you don't like it you can stop doing either.

On the other hand if you are playing then look at the opportunity cost. What would you be doing if you were not playing? So if it means that EVE keeps you away from the pub one evening a month, then it's already paid for itself.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭LordBlonde

I see they have a 2 week trial. Huzzah!

I'll give it a blast and then see.

If you wanna join the boards.ie corp we'll be able to set you up with a shiny new frigate. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭Frankiestylee

Bantam ftw!

Boo.... Tristan is the roxorz!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭kyp_durron

Bantam ftw!

Yes, young Frankieeee knows the score, for the mighty Bantam strikes fear into even the most battle hardened of opposition.

Even the fearsome R0ot trembles at the thought of a bantam in local.

LordBlonde wrote:
    If you wanna join the boards.ie corp we'll be able to set you up with a shiny new frigate. :D

I've already got one... the mighty Bantam! Unfortunately, I cant mount any weapons on it because my character cant operate them yet :o Oh dear!

Thanks for the invite. I'll try join the boards.ie corp in the next few days :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

bantam is a mining ship. dont think we have any in the hanger. need to stock up.

A mere mining ship? Oh my.... it can be soooo much more I hope, so much more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭Renesco

2 highs 2 meds 2 lows with enough room for a light combat drone sounds more like a versatile gank ship than a mining ship in my honest opinion

my bantam setup PvP

Highs:
    2x Light Neutron Blaster II

Mids:
    7.5km scram
    1mn afterburner II

Lows:
    2x Magnetic Field Stabiliser II

Tried and trusted setup ! I had fountain core in uproar with this ship camping the a-1con gate in yz-lql ganking whateva came through, its even got fantastic cargo hold for all the phat lewt your victims drop

OK, sorry for banging on about this, but do the game cards last for a set period or are they good for an open ended set period? Eh, I'll explain that better: if, for example, you get a 30 day card, does it last for 30 days straight or can you use the 30 days over a longer period - 2 days here, another few there? Actually, the more i think about it, the more i think the answer is the former.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

The card has a code on it. Once you activate the code it gets put towards the time on your account.

30 days will last for 30 days even if you were only logged in for 2 of them.

• Advertisement

Thanks hobes... and everyone else

Renesco wrote:
    2 highs 2 meds 2 lows with enough room for a light combat drone sounds more like a versatile gank ship than a mining ship in my honest opinion

my bantam setup PvP

Highs:
    2x Light Neutron Blaster II

Mids:
    7.5km scram
    1mn afterburner II

Lows:
    2x Magnetic Field Stabiliser II

Tried and trusted setup ! I had fountain core in uproar with this ship camping the a-1con gate in yz-lql ganking whateva came through, its even got fantastic cargo hold for all the phat lewt your victims drop

Is that a real PvP bantam setup or are you just taking the piss? Even with power management and power upgrade stuff installed... I STILL couldn't equip two small rail guns due to a lack of p p p p power! I always thought hybrid guns took less power then blasters.

What's goin on eh? What's goin on? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,426 ✭✭✭ressem

Think that he's BSing

2 x light NB 2. =20 MW, 38 CPU
    Warp scrambler 1,= 1 MW, 30 CPU
    Afterburner 2, =11 MW, 15 CPU
    2x Magnetic F.Stab.= 2 MW, 60 CPU

Bantam 15 MW, 150 CPU
    Engineering Adds. 5 power minimum bonus?
    Advance Weapon upgrades 5. Reduce NBs to 9MW each.

With a gallente navitas, you could get closer, base power = 20MW.
    Though a Railgun 1 is only 7 MW. With engineering 1, you should be able to fit them on a bantam.

Ahhh Ren, you crazy BSerrrr... getting my hopes up!

A Rail 1 you say? Hmmm... that could be the differance right there. I tried fitting small scout 150mm guns... I guess they're probably slight more consuming then the straight up rail. Hmmm... dang.

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Maddzy

Named mods usually need less fitting then the original version.

Less fitting then the original eh? I could barely see a differance, but I thought the name "scout" seemed cool and recontastic, and it seemed to be marginally better. Still took about 20.4 mw and the most I could get out of the Bantam was 20mw. Poo.

Advertisement