Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Taylor 11/10 with VC

Options
  • 30-01-2007 9:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭

Surely this is great value?

Phil Taylor is still the class act in my opinion

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Healio

I think i will take an e/w chance on Adrian Lewis @ 14/1 (just over 9/2 to reach the final.) I think the format will suit him, he seems to bottle the big occasions, but with a week between each match there should be nothing to wind him up. He has the talent to give RVB and Taylor a good go, he just needs to realise that and keep focused.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭rag2gar

Go to sportingodds.com, just backed him there 5 mins ago at 28/1, this could be just the stage for the jackpot and he is value I feel at that price to do it

The 28/1 is win only, I'd prefer to take him e/w though, just in case he does bottle it in the final.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,275 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

rag2gar wrote:
    Go to sportingodds.com, just backed him there 5 mins ago at 28/1, this could be just the stage for the jackpot and he is value I feel at that price to do it

No chance. Yet again the Bookies have made Lewis third favourite when there is no justification to do so. He has never done it on the big stage and always bottles it. I dont see it making any difference that the games are a week apart. He may win some games and he may even qualify, in fact I think he will finish fourth, but he wont win the competition. He is farr too easily wound up and he loses his concentration.

If you must bet on Lewis then do what Healio has done and bet e/w

Kingp35 wrote:
    No chance. Yet again the Bookies have made Lewis third favourite when there is no justification to do so. He has never done it on the big stage and always bottles it. I dont see it making any difference that the games are a week apart. He may win some games and he may even qualify, in fact I think he will finish fourth, but he wont win the competition. He is farr too easily wound up and he loses his concentration.

If you must bet on Lewis then do what Healio has done and bet e/w

It makes little sence to back him at all if you believe what you are saying
    , why would you do him ew if he bottles it on the big stage, he will have to beat either taylor or barney to get to the final. He is value at 28/1 because he has the potential to be a champion not because he is definetly going to win it. A few upsets and a coming of age will happen someday and that is when the 28/1 will look big because he will be a champion and I will keep taking the 28/1+ for the mo in the hope it happens soon....

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,275 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

rag2gar wrote:
    I will keep taking the 28/1+ for the mo in the hope it happens soon....

It wont. Take his match against Barney for example. Typical Lewis match. He played brilliantly but bottled it again. He has three clear darts at a double to get it back to 7-6 with Lewis then throwing for the draw and he missed all three. He should stop being so arrogant and stop the show boating and maybe then he will win a tournament.

Also it is possible for Lewis to make the final without beating Barney or Taylor.

Kingp35 wrote:
    Also it is possible for Lewis to make the final without beating Barney or Taylor.

Extremely unlikely....

rag2gar wrote:
    Extremely unlikely....

Maybe extremely unlikely, but that is sport for you!!

Taylor really looks the real deal (not that he ever didnt), anybody punting barney now he has drifted a bit in the market?

Advertisement