Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

advice re expansys.ie

• 30-01-2007 9:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29

Hello everyone - Im thinkin of buying sim free from expansys.ie or maybe komplett.ie - anyone have any previous issues with either?
    Are they phones they sell brand new or repaired and repackaged?
    forgive the ignorance but sim free means it will be unlocked so I pop in my current o2 sim card and away I go?
    Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 908 ✭✭✭scuby

as far as i know, new phones and when unlocked any sim will work

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

The phones are new unless otherwise stated like the repackaged ones they sell at another part of the site. Unlocked means it will work with any phone network. I find expansys a tad expensive, try komplett.ie or pixmania.ie perhaps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

i bought a nokia n80 for my g/f for xmas sim free from expansys. only just over a week before xmas and it arrived in 2 days and i was able to do a track and trace from the shipping no. they gave me. only downside tho was that when i ordered i also ordered a 2gb minisd card for it too, which their website said they had 16 of. the following morning they called me to say they were out of stock, would i like the phone shipped on it's own. no problem, got that done and got a card off ebay. my card was never charged for the minisd and they cancelled that part of the order and shipped it out right away.

aside from the little snag with the stock levels it was all grand, i'm very grateful they bothered to call and they handled the whole thing admirably imho and got the job done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 ChristyBrown

thanks guys

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Have ordered from Expansys twice. Had issues with one phone, got RMA without hassle.

Bought another phone, no complaints.

• Advertisement
Advertisement