Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Viewing 2004 A4. Advice needed

Options
  • 30-01-2007 11:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭

Looking at a 2004 A4 1.9 TDI 130bhp tomorrow. Few questions:

I'll be getting an AA report done if I make an offer, so I'll leave the technical stuff to them. Aside from that, before I waste a few hundred squid, what should I look out for ? It's a UK import if that matters ...

What are the service intervals for such a chariot ?

What is the likely depreciation in this model if I were to buy it and sell it in a year (on average) ?

I'll be doing the usual HPI checks, plus the AA check I mentioned above. Anything else I should be doing or checking in advance ?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭Moanin

The service indicator reads every 10k miles, oil and air filter and oil and overall check of the brakes lights etc.Then at 20k oil,air & fuel filters and oil and overall check of the brakes lights etc.
    Check service book to see that it was well maintained according to this schedule.Good luck with it.They are a great car!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

I'd also give the garages who stamped the service book a quick call, just to make sure that the car actually was serviced on those dates/mileages. Do that first, then the HPI check and then the AA inspection - that way, if anything shows at one stage you can cancel the next step and save your money.

Advertisement