Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Very quiet???

Options
  • 30-01-2007 11:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭

What is the quiets rouds chambered in .22 you can get

tryed .22long winchester
    they are about the same as laupa standard club:(

same muzzel vol. 1060ish,,, wieght of 29gr,,, and force of 77 ft pds
    compaired to the laupa 1060 ish,,, 40gr bullet,,,,, force of 99 ft pds

any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

I've noticed, though it's subjective, that the stuff we use for the ISSF matches tends to be quieter - Lapua multimatch, Eley Match, and so on. I've not come across anything hugelyquieter though. Scoremax was a bit quieter as well, possibly as it's a heavier, slower round.

But if you need quiet, take up air rifle :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭maglite

no looking for something queiter....
    ealy subs are quiet but i've had realy bad experience with their killin power

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭.243

are you using a mod,if so its a big factor on what you are using not just the ammo

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭recipio

.22 solid shorts are way quieter than anything else-- you don't even need a moderator but are bl##dy impossible to find. Has anyone had experience of mail ordering .22 ammo if such a thing is possible. Could we not fax a shop our licence ??

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Hezz700

I've experimented alot over the years and i find that Winchester superX subs have lethal downrange effect and using my Cz 452/Parker Hale Mod combo are as quiet as it gets

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭fathersymes

has anyone used .22 BB caps? They apparently use no powder, just the force of the primer, run to about 700fps. I used some years ago, hit magpies at about 30yards. If anyone knows where to get them I would be interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭sidneyreilly

CCI make .22 CB long which is same as BB cap but with a full lenght case so it can be magazine fed (does not cycle semi). Should be able to get them from most dealers (same price as full power rounds though!) Pat Cooke has em in Newtownmtkennedy anyway. Very quiet but of course limitations as to killing power range etc..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭maglite

there *might* be an *availibility* of a SAK

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭sidneyreilly

How about this: http://www.firearmstactical.com/tacticalbriefs/volume3/number2/article3.htm

Seem to recall their being a problem with the improt though because of the name:confused:

Advertisement