Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Vista mce: xvids have lots of black dots in bright areas...

• 31-01-2007 12:11am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,711 ✭✭✭

Theres probably a proper term for this but I havent a clue what it is anyways. When i play xvids with vista mce theres loads of blacks dots in bright areas of the screen. Like someone wearing a white shirt or light bulbs for example with have lots of these black dots in these areas. Im using ffdshow as the codec pack, and the same files play fine with windows media player as far as i know. If anyone understands what i mean, is there any way to solve this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

Possibly, ffdshow is not yet 100% compatible with Vista which could account for the artefacts.

I suggest you use ffdshow tryout which is a fork of the ffdshow project which includes bug fixes and features at a much faster rate than the old ffdshow. Compatibility with Vista being one of the recent fixes.

Good builds of ffdshow tryout can be gotten on x264.nl which is where I get mine, download a decoder build, I have been playing XviD's in Vista MCE without issue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,711 ✭✭✭kaisersose77

cheers, i'll try that out this evening

btw have you got any of the vista mce plugins/addons such as fox sports or are they just for ppl in the US?

and by any chance do you have a tv card setup with vista mce? i want to get the tv guide working without a tuner, theres a folder called tvconfig in regedit ( its there in xp mce aswell) but none of the xp mce hacks to get the tv guide working without a tuner work in vista mce for me. However a friend of mine had it working a few weeks ago but has reinstalled since and doesnt remember what he changed exactly ( not 100% sure what version he had of vista). So im just wondering if you have a tv card working with vista mce and know where that tvconfig folder is in regedit, what values the lines such as videosource etc have.

cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

Have not checked the plugins yet in MCE never really had any interest in that feature with MCE 2005 either. Does the old trick of setting your location to the US in IE not enable them ?

I'll give it a whirl and see what happens.

I do have a tuner working I will take a look for the tvconfig in regedit and let you know if I find anything. Worth asking over at The Green Button as well in case I don't find it.

Update:
    Checked the on-line library & there was nothing there bar the built in games that come with Vista didn't try changing location in IE7 though.

Here are screen captures of the only tvconfig folder regedit found, the only thing that stands out to me is fHasSTB as I record from an STB so that must be part of what enables it.
    Capture 1 : Capture 2 : Capture 3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,711 ✭✭✭kaisersose77

new drivers for my graphics card solved the xvid problem

I tried your regedit settings but still no change, thanks for going to the hassle of doing that

cheers

Advertisement