Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Goons vs Spurs (match thread)

Options
  • 31-01-2007 1:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Team news

Out: Berbs, King, Tainio

Squad from BBC:

Robinson, Cerny, Alnwick, Chimbonda, Lee, Assou-Ekotto, Dawson, Gardner, Rocha, Zokora, Huddlestone, Jenas, Lennon, Malbranque, Defoe, Keane, Mido, Ghaly, Murphy, Ziegler, Stalteri.

Got to be something like this:

Robbo
    Chimbonda
    Dawson
    Rocha
    Lee
    Lennon
    Zokora
    Jenas
    Malbranque
    Defoe
    And I can't decide who's worse, Keane or Mido!

I'll be there, COYS!

Comments

very pessimistic about this one. I just don't think we're good enough and we didn't really play and beat any good (prem?) teams to get to this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭Robxxx7

I always have hope :D I think we should stick with Mido upfront so that Robbo can keep kicking the long high balls to someone... apart from that the rest of the team picks itself at the moment ... hopefully Jenas and Zok will have big games for us tonight

COYS

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 browbrow

I just hope Jol lets the lads go out and play, think we've established that if you sit of these kids they will eventually cut right through you. So id love to see the lads go out and give as good as they get.

COYS!

A 3-3 draw anyone :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭Druid

Im quite pessimistic about this one too. Still it would be great to win at the effeminates.

With JJ back our midfield might be a bit more stable. LB is still a worry with Steed disappearing into more central positions leaving Lee (who isn't the the greatest) with no cover.

Up front its really sink or swim time for Mido. Apparently we are trying to get Harewood from the bing club...if he comes then mido goes to city.

my 2c anyway.

CoYS!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭Andrew 83

I'd start Mido up front too. Think this is there to be won if the players have the confidence to go for it. Not sure if they will though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭spareman

Think spurs could have won it if Mido had started, maybe he had something to prove when he did eventually come on but he looked far sharper than anyone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

I'll say this...

Glad I got pissed up before the game, it hekped me forget the pain.

Advertisement