Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Backup your Wii Games.. only takes 50 HOURS!

Options
  • 31-01-2007 1:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 43,925 ✭✭✭✭

Might be old news now but found this quite funny:
    Good news for all you Wiitards out there who are dying to "back up" your games. A Wii Disc Dumper has been unleashed on the Internet, allowing you to rip your discs to your computer so you can "share them" with your "friends" so they don't have to "pay" for games anymore. You'll need a specific model of DVD drive and a lot of patience — the process takes 50 hours — but in the end you'll be the coolest kid on the torrent site you frequent, at least this week.

That is until all your friends in the scene realize that they will still need to mod their Wii to play burned games, so you just wasted 50 hours ripping your games to create hot new coasters.
    Only 50 hours per game and a specific drive is needed.. and all this before a mod is available in shops.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭jArgHA

yep 50 hours was a ridiculous wait for a backup. the software was revised a week ago tho, claiming to be 5x faster, see:
    http://www.ps2-scene.org/forums/showthread.php?t=51975

and with 2 modchips (wiinja & cyclowiz) now taking pre-orders it'll be a matter of days before pirated games can be played on the Wii

• Registered Users Posts: 43,925 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Could live with 10 hours to be honest.. but still need a specific drive i see.

With the prices of games nowadays, it seems like a good reason to have them backed up.

Have all my XBOX games backed up on a 250GB external drive. Have never had to use them but no harm in being safe.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

has anyone here done this lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭jArgHA

Rawdump v1.0 was released over the weekend, with a dump time now being down to 3 hours. I'm pretty sure my drive is a LG (which may be compatible) so might give the software a whirl sometime this week.

News of Rawdump's release: http://www.ps2-scene.org/forums/showthread.php?t=52256

EDIT: weheyy, my 500th post!

Advertisement