Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

longboarding in ireland!

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32 CoolDudesJunk

Me and my lads go around the north county area (As far up as Droghoda and down to Swords).

Message me and we'll get a longboarding session going

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭Mr CJ

Hey guys check out this brand new site still unfinished more and more stock added every day, skates, longboards, bags, sleds and so on all at very good prices www.gosk8.ie give them an email if you want more info sales@gosk8.ie As I say site is under construction so out of stock may not mean out of stock Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 fiachra sheridan

im getting a longboard for christmas does that count?

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭SweetEmpathy

Few longboarders around the Kilkenny area/

http://www.youtube.com/user/xrover200x <-- Youtube for one of the longboarders.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Diomer

Hello everyone,

the 3rd week of September (15th - 26th) I will be longboarding through Ireland. My GPS-watch will keep track of my mileage, and for every kilometer I get an ammount of money from a couple of "sponsors". Read: random people that want to support the "Think Pink"-initiative. All money received will go straight to breast-cancer research and patient wellfare.

So now you know why :-) For me the "how" is the biggest question. I've never been to Ireland and I don't want to depend on Google-earth for road-conditions and steepness (I'll be riding a "double" board, a regular board that carries me. A board with only 1 truck that gets pulled behind me with my backpack, tent, food, water, etc.)

So can you Irish skaters do me a pleasure? Could you please send me (in PM so I don't screw up this thread) the roads you allready know are impossible? That way I can avoid those :-)
    If you happen to know good roads that lead from one big town to another, that would be even better!
    And if you have spots to bomb downhill, even if it's just a 500m slope or a parking garage, whatever. Just let me know.

You'll be seeing me in Ireland in a couple of weeks, so in case anyone wants to join me on (part of) the ride, you'd be verry welcome. I can allready a horde of boarders screwing up the Killarney traffic, imagin ;-)

Greetings from Belgium, and thanks in advance!
    Dimitri

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Diomer wrote: »
    Hello everyone,

the 3rd week of September (15th - 26th) I will be longboarding through Ireland. My GPS-watch will keep track of my mileage, and for every kilometer I get an ammount of money from a couple of "sponsors". Read: random people that want to support the "Think Pink"-initiative. All money received will go straight to breast-cancer research and patient wellfare.

So now you know why :-) For me the "how" is the biggest question. I've never been to Ireland and I don't want to depend on Google-earth for road-conditions and steepness (I'll be riding a "double" board, a regular board that carries me. A board with only 1 truck that gets pulled behind me with my backpack, tent, food, water, etc.)

So can you Irish skaters do me a pleasure? Could you please send me (in PM so I don't screw up this thread) the roads you allready know are impossible? That way I can avoid those :-)
    If you happen to know good roads that lead from one big town to another, that would be even better!
    And if you have spots to bomb downhill, even if it's just a 500m slope or a parking garage, whatever. Just let me know.

You'll be seeing me in Ireland in a couple of weeks, so in case anyone wants to join me on (part of) the ride, you'd be verry welcome. I can allready a horde of boarders screwing up the Killarney traffic, imagin ;-)

Greetings from Belgium, and thanks in advance!
    Dimitri

Welcome to Boards.ie! & Best Wishes on your Personal Journey :)

Thanks for sharing your info here,
    kerry4sam

Advertisement