Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hacker discovers evidence of UFOs from NASA database.

Options
  • 31-01-2007 7:35am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭

This guy has been hacking NASA sytems for years and has found lots of documents regarding UFOs and extraterrestial involvement. Here is an interview with him:

http://www.eyepod.org/McKinnon.html

He is either currently in jail for doing so or is in prison already. The US government want to imprison him for 70 years and fine him 2 million dollars.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,701 ✭✭✭Diogenes

So Glad wrote:
    This guy has been hacking NASA sytems for years and has found lots of documents regarding UFOs and extraterrestial involvement. Here is an interview with him:

http://www.eyepod.org/McKinnon.html

He is either currently in jail for doing so or is in prison already. The US government want to imprison him for 70 years and fine him 2 million dollars.

Hmm his name rung a bell, and a quick check led me to an old Jon Ronson interview with him;
    He sounds to me like a virtuoso hacker, although I am someone who can barely download RealPlayer. I nod blankly as he says things like, "You get on to easy networks, like Support and Logistics, in order to exploit the trust relationship that military departments have between each other, and once you get on to an easy thing, you find out what networks they trust and then you hop and hop and hop, and eventually you think, 'That looks a bit more secretive.' " When I ask if he is brilliant, he says no. He's just an ordinary self-taught techie. And, he says, he was never alone.

"Once you're on the network, you can do a command called NetStat - Network Status - and it lists all the connections to that machine. There were hackers from Denmark, Italy, Germany, Turkey, Thailand ..."

"All on at once?" I ask. "You could see hackers from all over the world, snooping around, without the spaceniks or the military realising?"

"Every night," he says, "for the entire five to seven years I was doing this."

"Do you think they're still there? Are they still at it? Or have they been arrested, too?"

Gary says he doesn't know.

"What was the most exciting thing you saw?" I ask.

"I found a list of officers' names," he claims, "under the heading 'Non-Terrestrial Officers'."

"Non-Terrestrial Officers?" I say.

"Yeah, I looked it up," says Gary, "and it's nowhere. It doesn't mean little green men. What I think it means is not earth-based. I found a list of 'fleet-to-fleet transfers', and a list of ship names. I looked them up. They weren't US navy ships. What I saw made me believe they have some kind of spaceship, off-planet."

"The Americans have a secret spaceship?" I ask.

"That's what this trickle of evidence has led me to believe."

"Some kind of other Mir that nobody knows about?"

"I guess so," says Gary.

"What were the ship names?"

"I can't remember," says Gary. "I was smoking a lot of dope at the time. Not good for the intellect."

Not off to an impressive start are we?

If he found loads of documents, why didn't he copy n paste em?

On the night before his arrest, Gary had been up playing games. "Maybe I'd been doing a bit of weak, fun hacking, too," he says. "I'd had one hour's sleep, and I woke up completely muddled, and suddenly at the bottom of my bed there was this voice: 'Hello, my name's Jeff Donson from the National High Tech Crime Unit. Gary McKinnon, you're under arrest!' They put Tamsin and me in the meat-wagon. They took my PC, Tamsin's PC, three other computers I was fixing for friends. They went upstairs and took my girlfriend's auntie's daughter's computer."

Gary was kept in a police station overnight. Then the Americans offered him a deal, via his British solicitor. "They said, 'If you incur the cost of the whole extradition process, be a good boy, come over here, we'll give you three or four years, rather than the whole sentence.' I said, 'OK, give me that in writing.' They said, 'Oh no, we can't do that.' So they were offering a secret trial, no right of appeal on the outcome, no comment to the newspapers, and nothing in writing. My solicitor, doing her job, advised me to take it, and when I said no, she was very, 'Ooh, they're going to come down heavy.' "

In return, Gary offered a somewhat hare-brained counter deal, via a Virginia public defender. "I made a sort of veiled threat to them. I said, 'You know the places I've been, so you know the stuff I've seen' kind of thing." He pauses and blushes slightly. "That didn't work."

"So you were saying, 'If you go heavy on me, I'll tell people what I found'?"

"Yeah," he says. "And I found out that my landline was being bugged, so every time I was on the phone talking to a friend about it, I made sure I'd say, 'All I want is a quiet life, but if they really want to drag me through it, I'll drag them through the ****, too.' "

"And what would you have dragged them through the **** about?" I ask.

"You know," says Gary, "the, uh, Non-Terrestrial Officers. The spaceships. 'The whole world thinks it's cooperating in building the International Space Station, but you've already got a space-based army that you refer to as Non-Terrestrial Officers'."

There is a silence.

"I had very little evidence," he admits. "It's not a very good bargaining chip at all, really, is it?"

full article here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭So Glad

Cannabis does make people forgetful, but does not make people hulucinate. LSD, DMT and mushrooms, those make you SEE things. I know this from experience :D .

Anyways, there is a perfectly valid reason for him not to have recorded any proof. If he had of recorded (IE saved on to his hard-drive) the information he looked at he would have been caught straight away. Although I think in the end he did take a video on his camera, google it I'm sure you'll find something.

So Glad wrote:
    Cannabis does make people forgetful, but does not make people hulucinate. LSD, DMT and mushrooms, those make you SEE things. I know this from experience :D .

Anyways, there is a perfectly valid reason for him not to have recorded any proof. If he had of recorded (IE saved on to his hard-drive) the information he looked at he would have been caught straight away. Although I think in the end he did take a video on his camera, google it I'm sure you'll find something.

Um So Glad, couldn't he have just cut n pasted the information he had.

See on one hand you have a pro ufo site claiming he's got mounds of evidence on the other hand you've got guy himself admitting;
    "I had very little evidence"

Who am I going to believe?

Well, some sites as a headine spew out crap saying theres loads of evidence, all I'm saying is here is a guy who says he has seen loads of material in the NASA database regarding UFOs.

So Glad wrote:
    Well, some sites as a headine spew out crap saying theres loads of evidence, all I'm saying is here is a guy who says he has seen loads of material in the NASA database regarding UFOs.

Sigh and again;

"What was the most exciting thing you saw?" I ask.

"I found a list of officers' names," he claims, "under the heading 'Non-Terrestrial Officers'."

"Non-Terrestrial Officers?" I say.

"Yeah, I looked it up," says Gary, "and it's nowhere. It doesn't mean little green men. What I think it means is not earth-based. I found a list of 'fleet-to-fleet transfers', and a list of ship names. I looked them up. They weren't US navy ships. What I saw made me believe they have some kind of spaceship, off-planet."

Thats his smoking gun, his best evidence, hardly proof of UFOs now is it?

• Advertisement

NON-TERRESTRIAL OFFICERS, Diogenes......

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

So Glad wrote:
    NON-TERRESTRIAL OFFICERS, Diogenes......

IT'S NOT PROOF.

I could say I hacked the Irish secret service network, and found a file listing their "Mars based operatives", which I figure is in relation to the contingency they secretly sent to Mars to do some work.

That's all I've got though - is that proof?

No, but the fact this guy is going to jail for 70 YEARS and has to pay a fine of 2 millions would give credibility to his claim that he did indeed see something off importance.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Its NASA, all of the research they would be doing would of "importance" and a hell of alot is probably top secret.

So Glad wrote:
    No, but the fact this guy is going to jail for 70 YEARS and has to pay a fine of 2 millions would give credibility to his claim that he did indeed see something off importance.

Two points, in and among his sniffing around he also;
    faces 20 charges in the US, including stealing computer files, obtaining secrets that might have been "useful to an enemy", intentionally causing damage to a protected computer, and interfering with maritime navigation equipment in New Jersey. Last month he attended extradition proceedings at Bow Street magistrates court - he had, the American prosecutors said, perpetrated the "biggest military computer hack of all time". He "caused damage and impaired the integrity of information ... The US military district of Washington became inoperable and the cost of repairing the shutdown was $700,000 ... These [hacking attacks] occurred immediately after 9/11

So to suggest that his sentence directly relates to his NASA hacks only, is disingenious. It relates to 20 serious computer crimes, including sabotage.

Secondly the 70 years is a potential sentence, you cannot lend weight to that sites claims that the severity of a sentence he hasn't recieved, for a variety of crimes, he's not been convicted of, as proof of your claims.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

So Glad wrote:
    all I'm saying is here is a guy who says he has seen loads of material in the NASA database regarding UFOs.
    the guy wrote:
    It doesn't mean little green men. What I think it means is not earth-based. I found a list of 'fleet-to-fleet transfers', and a list of ship names. I looked them up. They weren't US navy ships. What I saw made me believe they have some kind of spaceship, off-planet."
    Sounds to me like he's saying that he has no evidence about UFOs, does not believe the evidence had anything to do with alien life, but believes that there is an earth-run space program far in advance of what the public is aware of.
    So Glad wrote:
    NON-TERRESTRIAL OFFICERS,
    the guy wrote:
    It doesn't mean little green men. What I think it means is not earth-based.

So how is this anything to do with unidentified flying objects? And really....what he's describing doesn't sound the slightest bit odd to you - that NASA would have a file effectively marked "secret stuff we don't want people to know about" sitting on a publically-connected network? I mean...seriously...as well as ignoring any possible "normal" explanations (e.g. its a list of current flight-capable officers), we're expected to believe that its a non-secured file on a non-secure network, with a name thats just begging people to look at it?

And don't you find it just the slightest bit inconvenient that he didn't copy, print, or otherwise save a copy of the file to prove its existence? Indeed....check out his comments about the names of these ships he saw and claims to have checked out their existence: "I can't remember," says Gary.

So he claims to have seen a list that you didn't copy and can't remember the details of. Convincing, eh?
    No, it wouldn't. If you could show that such prison sentences and fines were atypical for the type of action that they are being given for, then maybe you could argue that they're indicative of something atypical.

You've not shown that they're atypical, but have gone beyond assuming not only that they are so but that you think you know why.

You're also conveniently ignoring - as already pointed out - that this is the maximum sentencing he could receive, not the sentence that he hasreceived.

When Kevin Mitnick was first captured - to take the best known parallel - there was talk of a life sentence. He eventually was sentenced to 68 months, served about 60 of them, was banned from using anything more technical than a landline telephone for life, had that ban subsequently lifted. So were we to discuss Mitnick, should we talk about the sentence he could have received, the sentence he did receive, or the sentence he served? From the stance you are taking, we should take the one he could have received...which would lead us to conclude that there is nothing atypical about your 70 years at all, unless maybe its a bit on the light side.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 UnHolyMoe

Wow! I did'nt know Mckinnon was into this. This is something I must investigate and speculate about.

Erm, no need to start telling me about the inaccuracy of his claims, I'm just letting you guys know this happened.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 UnHolyMoe

Diogenes wrote:
    Hmm his name rung a bell, and a quick check led me to an old Jon Ronson interview with him;

Not off to an impressive start are we?

Not an impressive start indeed if were quoting Jon Ronson. A reporter dragged out by the Gaurdian and Channel 4 to give English people giggles on the low news days of Saturday and Sunday.

A less than succesful Louis Theroux.
    If he found loads of documents, why didn't he copy n paste em?

Maybe he did and is only holding back as a form of bargining chip?

UnHolyMoe wrote:
    Not an impressive start indeed if were quoting Jon Ronson. A reporter dragged out by the Gaurdian

The prefered misspelling is the Graundian

and Channel 4 to give English people giggles on the low news days of Saturday and Sunday.

A less than succesful Louis Theroux.

Unholymoe it's a interview. With direct quotes. What parts of it don't you understand?
    Maybe he did and is only holding back as a form of bargining chip?

Er
    "I had very little evidence," he admits. "It's not a very good bargaining chip at all, really, is it?"

The hacker. What evidence do you have that he's lying?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

could NON-TERRESTRIAL not just refer to officers currently in countries not currently in the USA the same way a SKY TV would be referred to as a non terrestrial channel , honestly sometimes people read too much into things

with that said I do believe we are not alone in the universe given the sheer size of it , it would be very arrogant / ignorant to think otherwise. however, whether those alien lifeforms are still in the stone age or are whizzing about in spacecraft no-one knows.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,758 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

non-fleet ship names ?

AFAIK the CIA use some "retired" subs for covert purposes.

Not sure if the US follow the UK tradition of naming some buildings / sites with ships names.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement