Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Flush mount tv & dvd

• 31-01-2007 9:50am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,445 ✭✭✭

Hi all, here's the story -
    we're soon to start an extension to the house (groundworks end of feb). Its a single story, pitched roof, with the end wall almost completely glass. The ext. will effectively incorporate new kitchen/dining/living room. I want to install a largish (37 or 40") flat screen tv in the corner, mounted in a 'false' stud wall, set at 45deg. So far, so easy, however here is my quandry...

I want the 'just' the tv on the wall, a 'bare' look if you will. All the cabling will be hidden behind the stud wall, with the tv either flush or even recessed. How and where do i put all the other stuff (dvd, sky box etc) preferably without either a letterbox type slot, or a hinged fold-down flap ?

Cheers

Mods, if you want to move this to HE in the tech forums thats cool

Comments

We are planning to do the same, but I will have a "letterbox" under the screen.
    How about a cabinet on an adjacent wall, with a dedicated trunking run to the false wall.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,388 ✭✭✭✭muffler

tc20 wrote:
    Mods, if you want to move this to HE in the tech forums thats cool
    If you knew to comment on it you should have known where to post it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,445 ✭✭✭tc20

muffler wrote:
    If you knew to comment on it you should have known where to post it

Miaow :rolleyes:

I originally posted it in Construction/Architecture/Planning cos thats the stage the project is at. I figured that in your wisdom, if you felt it more appropriate to the HE forum, that it would be moved accordingly... without any smart aleccy comments

@ dolanbaker - good idea about the cabinet close by, thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,388 ✭✭✭✭muffler

I should have kept this where it was as it would have allowed me to ban you for comments like that. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,445 ✭✭✭tc20

Ah so you cant ban me if the thread stays here then?

Why Muffler, you **%?; ! :D

just kiddin btw

• Advertisement
Advertisement