Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jack & Jill phone recycling????

Options
  • 31-01-2007 10:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭

The Jack & Jill charity have an advertising campaign running at the moment saying that they are running a big campaign at the moment to recycle old mobiles. I have a few and would like to donate them and help the cause, but so far I have failed to find a shop with the box.

I'm just wondering if anyone here has seen a box for this anywhere in the Limerick/Shannon/Ennis area?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,338 ✭✭✭hobie

Phones can be donated by calling 1850 525 545 to request a freepost recycling envelope. People with more than 15 phones to recycle can also request a free courier collection. Further information can be found at www.folamh.ie

It's all here complete with a nice photo of our man "Eddie" !!!!! ....:p

http://www.jackandjill.ie/ehobbs.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭chuckles30

I had actually checked out the website and the ads in the newspaper where it says Dunnes, Meteor, Shell, Credit Unions etc. Yet when I have gone into any of these shops and asked, they all look at me with blank expressions as if I've got two heads and none of them actually have the boxes. Oh well, I'll just have to keep trying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,338 ✭✭✭hobie

chuckles30 wrote:
    I had actually checked out the website and the ads in the newspaper where it says Dunnes, Meteor, Shell, Credit Unions etc. Yet when I have gone into any of these shops and asked, they all look at me with blank expressions as if I've got two heads and none of them actually have the boxes. Oh well, I'll just have to keep trying.

I thought the offer of a free postage paid envelope was a really good one .... I'll try it myself next time I upgrade .... :)

http://www.jackandjill.ie/ehobbs.html

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

There's one in UL Students Union

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭Fast_Mover

There's one in Milford N.S in Castletroy if that's any help..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭old boy

we run a small animal sanctuary, we use old fones as a way of staying afloat,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,623 ✭✭✭adaminho

Hi Chuckles, There's one in the Charlottes Quay pharmacy. Passed last night and they have a poster in the window. Also try the Meteor store on O'Connell St. they had one there before.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭cmurph

the shop in patrickswell have the box ,i think its a centra ,
    also the shop next to the courtney lodge hotel in newcastlewest.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

O2, Vodafone and meteor will send on your phone to The Jack and Jill Foundation. Just Hand it in over the counter.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,623 ✭✭✭adaminho

O2, Vodafone and meteor will send on your phone to The Jack and Jill Foundation. Just Hand it in over the counter.
    Hi Poxy, only Meteor recycle for the Jack and Jill foundation. O2 send theirs to rainforest concern and coillte Ireland. Vodafone have their own enviromental charity set up for recycled phones.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭ellenmelon

adaminho wrote:
    Hi Poxy, only Meteor recycle for the Jack and Jill foundation. O2 send theirs to rainforest concern and coillte Ireland. Vodafone have their own enviromental charity set up for recycled phones.

thats cool that if you drop them in somewhere, they'll still help someone out...didnt know that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭chuckles30

Thanks for all the replies - that gives me plenty of options.

Advertisement