Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Veyron

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 K.A.

I was made aware of this today. I, for one, have never bought a car from a dealer, no matter what car I was after.

KA

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

K.A. wrote:
    I was made aware of this today. I, for one, have never bought a car from a dealer, no matter what car I was after.

KA

But this is someone paying nearly 2 million for just 1 car? I dont think we will ever have a 2 million car, so we dont know what the experience is :)

• Registered Users Posts: 65,399 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

K.A. wrote:
    I was made aware of this today

Go on, spill the beans :)

This thread is full of hearsay already, so a bit more won't hurt

Or can you prove it?

drdre wrote:
    What do you mean by this?

Self explanatory.
    drdre wrote:
    You dont have to go through a dealer but someone that rich is not going to go through the hassle of sourcing one in europe and getting it shipped back and get it vrt'ed.

Why do you think this? Perhaps, to see what you are getting with a Veyron you must drive it on roads such as N'Ring before you buy it. I have never bought a car that I haven't tested fully. And not everybody who buys supercars just wants a badge or a look, some are proper enthusiasts. :cool:

K.A. wrote:
    Why do you think this? Perhaps, to see what you are getting with a Veyron you must drive it on roads such as N'Ring before you buy it. I have never bought a car that I tested fully. And not everybody who buys supercars just wants a badge or a look, some are proper enthusiasts. :cool:

No dealer will give you a test drive on the N'ring, You must be dreaming :)

• Advertisement

So you have looked to test a car on the 'Ring before? I never said the 'Ring exactly, I just said "such as the N'Ring". ;)

KA

Yeah i seen the picture of the veyron on the track before but that was a veyron being tested for speeds etc and not a customer.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

I have a Veyron !!

it's 1:18 scale, though

I wonder how true to detail that is! Would be nice to compare.

drdre: Some pictures dont lie within a google search ;)

KA

• Registered Users Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭fletch

K.A. wrote:
    I wonder how true to detail that is! Would be nice to compare.

drdre: Some pictures dont lie within a google search ;)

KA
    Are we to take it that you in fact took that picture and it is a picture of a Veyron in Ireland? They don't look like Veyron wheels?

• Advertisement

blastman wrote:
    I have a Veyron !!

it's 1:18 scale, though

Thats good for you,Well i think thats all i can afford or maybe at most a genuine alloy :D

Here is another Veyron in Europe with the same wheels.

Bugatti_Veyron2.jpg

KA

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

drdre wrote:
    Thats good for you,Well i think thats all i can afford or maybe at most a genuine alloy :D
    Ya gotta live within your means, dude!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Well personally no mater how much I had, if I was getting a Veyron I'd get it myself...

This one infact - http://atsearch.autotrader.co.uk/www/CARS_popup.jsp?&id=200711274713536

at 1,279,915.71 EUR + 500k VRT you're saving money! and even if you had 15 million in your account, you'd still want to save yourself 200k.. maybe buy an apartment somewhere with it and let the rent cover the cost of petrol every month!

ps lads... got this somewhere else!

"the owner of cash & carry kitchens ltd. Ireland bought one ages ago."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 888 ✭✭✭tdc

K.A. wrote:
    Here is another Veyron in Europe with the same wheels.

Bugatti_Veyron2.jpg

KA
    thats not a production model, its a concept

this thread needs some proof that there is a veyron in ireland instead of every 10 posts someone says "i know someone who has one but im not gonna tell and i dont have pics" - they really are great contributers to this thread. until we get proof/pictures this thread is just a waste of time based on several individual suspicions.

And I suppose you have been in the market for a veyron and know the full extent of what can be had?!

I own a veyron and I know for a fact it is not the only one here in Ireland.

Thats all I am saying.

KA

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

I'm Veyron and so's my wife.

Sorry, had to.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

Thanks to the contributions by K.A., I have finally rated a thread!!!

* - terrible!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 447 ✭✭siralfalot

K.A. wrote:
    And I suppose you have been in the market for a veyron and know the full extent of what can be had?!

Thats all I am saying.

KA

woaah, one requires proof to back up such a claim!!

(fair fecks to you if you do have one)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

K.A. wrote:

Thats all I am saying.

KA

Awful smell around here.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,727 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

K.A. wrote:
    I don't doubt you for one moment but to put a claim like that on here would require pics for the many, many doubting Thomases to believe you!

kbannon wrote:
    I don't doubt you for one moment but to put a claim like that on here would require pics for the many, many doubting Thomases to believe you!

And a few doubting Fey!s and Testicles by the sound of things, too!!!

Big picture with a sign saying "I'm K.A. from Boards.ie and this is my Veyron" outside some local, well known landmark should just about cover the proof, I think!!! :D

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,727 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Alternatively, (s)he can come around to my house with it to prove its authenticity!
    I feel as moderator on here that this might be the best option :D

with the proviso that you get to bring it up the M4 for a rip with me in the passenger seat...

I got one too!
    aart70902.jpg
    aa70902f.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

K.A.s nick could prove a hint as to what they really drive...

• Registered Users Posts: 43 freq modulated

Did i forget to mention before that I own a Veyron???

aart50904.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

steve06 wrote:
    Well personally no mater how much I had, if I was getting a Veyron I'd get it myself...

This one infact - http://atsearch.autotrader.co.uk/www/CARS_popup.jsp?&id=200711274713536

at 1,279,915.71 EUR + 500k VRT you're saving money! and even if you had 15 million in your account, you'd still want to save yourself 200k.. maybe buy an apartment somewhere with it and let the rent cover the cost of petrol every month!
    TBH I would not hand over the €500k VRT for this. That would be criminal. Instead I would buy a UK residence & run the car from there!! Whe you look at this VRT amoutn it really shows you what a rip off tax it is. Most people that own these cars will only reqly ever drive them once or twice a year. Why pay €500k for the priviledge of having 07-D-127396 or something plastered on the front of it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,012 ✭✭✭Wossack

"Hello there, I have become aware of this thread from <friends / concerned relatives / business associates> and am <amused / shocked / hungry>. It is my <veyron / crashed ferrari / car dealership / atari jaguar> and do not feel obliged to provide proof of this in anyway, as an anonymous post on an internet is all I feel necessary to prove myself. I dont care if you find my post <informative / bullsh*t / hunger inducing> I do not care, yet care enough to make numerous followup posts stating the level of my uncaringness. If this post is not enough to quell all the mystery, Ill be back to add approx. nothing in the near future. kthxbai"

Advertisement