Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Veyron

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

Wossack wrote:
    "Hello there, I have become aware of this thread from <friends / concerned relatives / business associates> and am <amused / shocked / hungry>. It is my <veyron / crashed ferrari / car dealership / atari jaguar> and do not feel obliged to provide proof of this in anyway, as an anonymous post on an internet is all I feel necessary to prove myself. I dont care if you find my post <informative / bullsh*t / hunger inducing> I do not care, yet care enough to make numerous followup posts stating the level of my uncaringness. If this post is not enough to quell all the mystery, Ill be back to add approx. nothing in the near future. kthxbai"
    What are you talking about. Muppet :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 447 ✭✭siralfalot

I suppose its how you look at it and how much of a petrolhead you are, in my own personal view, if you have that much cash to spend on a car in the first place, then what's another €500K?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 447 ✭✭siralfalot

Wossack wrote:
    "Hello there, I have become aware of this thread from <friends / concerned relatives / business associates> and am <amused / shocked / hungry>. It is my <veyron / crashed ferrari / car dealership / atari jaguar> and do not feel obliged to provide proof of this in anyway, as an anonymous post on an internet is all I feel necessary to prove myself. I dont care if you find my post <informative / bullsh*t / hunger inducing> I do not care, yet care enough to make numerous followup posts stating the level of my uncaringness. If this post is not enough to quell all the mystery, Ill be back to add approx. nothing in the near future. kthxbai"

the force is strong in this one :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

look... now you can all buld a veyron! - http://www.bugatti-configurator.com/bugatti_en.html

here's mine
    veyrondt1.jpg

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Fey! wrote:
    Big picture with a sign saying "I'm K.A. from Boards.ie and this is my Veyron" outside some local, well known landmark should just about cover the proof, I think!!! :D
    I'd settle a picture with Lord Lucan in the passenger seat with a horsebox containing Shergar out back.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

I found K.A.'s Veyron...

mcveyron2ro0.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭MercMad

:)

steve06 wrote:
    I found K.A.'s Veyron...

mcveyron2ro0.jpg

emotbravokq9.gif

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

steve06 wrote:
    I found K.A.'s Veyron...

mcveyron2ro0.jpg
    Better come with a decent alarm to beat the Hamburglar.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

steve06 wrote:
    I found K.A.'s Veyron...

mcveyron2ro0.jpg
    I'm Lovin' It!!!!!!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,857 ✭✭✭indough

The Veyron doesn't cost €1.2 million. Bugatti produced very little of them as an exercise in R&D and promotion, and sells each of them at a loss of over €800,000.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

Where did TDC's comment dissapear to ????:D

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,727 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

It was deleted by moi!
    He also got a weeks holidays for it which to be fair to him, he gracefully accepted.

sharkman wrote:
    Where did TDC's comment dissapear to ????:D

what was his comment i missed it :(

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

drdre wrote:
    what was his comment i missed it :(

Diddnt miss anything ! I just thought I was imagining things ...

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭bmoferrall

Thanks for all the positive comments.
    I'm thinking of getting a RHD conversion for my Veyron. Overtaking Glanzas and TDIs on the twisties is proving too risky.
    I'm also thinking of getting it remapped to 1.2GW - Robbie at TDP thinks it's possible, and might even improve the mpg.
    Unfortunately, I had to sell my Alfa to pay for a replacement indicator stalk - one of those new-fangled magnesium-coated numbers. Goes with the territory, I guess.

"No Cash, No Carry"

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

Funny I lived in the apartment block in the background, but never saw a Veyron knockin' around :D

bmoferrall wrote:
    Thanks for all the positive comments.
    I'm thinking of getting a RHD conversion for my Veyron. Overtaking Glanzas and TDIs on the twisties is proving too risky.
    I'm also thinking of getting it remapped to 1.2GW - Robbie at TDP thinks it's possible, and might even improve the mpg.
    Unfortunately, I had to sell my Alfa to pay for a replacement indicator stalk - one of those new-fangled magnesium-coated numbers. Goes with the territory, I guess.

"No Cash, No Carry"

Excellent photoshop picture :) It looks good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭patsyh

indough wrote:
    The Veyron doesn't cost €1.2 million. Bugatti produced very little of them as an exercise in R&D and promotion, and sells each of them at a loss of over €800,000.

WRONG, £800,000 STERLING not €800,000 is the selling price which is the said €1.2m.

Cars are costing approx £5m each taking into account all costs

Just an update.Heres some pictures of a veyron (Not in ireland) :)

bugattiveyronw16001.jpg

bugattiveyronw16002.jpg

bugattiveyronw16003.jpg

bugattiveyronw16004.jpg

bugattiveyronw16005.jpg

bugattiveyronw16006.jpg

bugattiveyronw16007.jpg

bugattiveyronw16008.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Meh, give me a boat any day. At least I can get p1ssed and drive home :D

JohnCleary wrote:
    Meh, give me a boat any day. At least I can get p1ssed and drive home :D

HAHAH, there should be a law for that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,584 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Lads,
    Not sure if this has been posted already but that Veyron is in and is on display at the Clayton Hotel in Ballybrit at the moment. Theres some sort of charity function on there and the car is in a marquee. I believe it costs to enter the marquee but the car is viewable from the bar in the hotel. Theres a couple of porsches, bentley and a prancing horse on display outside the hotel all from Cunningham Higgins.
    I was down there for a pint earlier on. Theres a fair crowd down there.
    Kippy

http://www.bavarian-board.co.uk/forum_posts.asp?TID=38240&PN=1

A few pics of it in Galway (also posted in the "what I saw today" thread).

Beautiful machine.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

And a video of it spinning on its turntable (or possibly floating in mid-air, you decide)

Veyron vid

Sorry the video is so poor, I was fiddling with myself as I filmed it...

'cptr

Nice work with the video.

EDIT: Had put in a working link for 'ceptors video, but he fixed his.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭spartacus93

When the big lotto jackpot was coming up during the week 2FM news ran a story on it. The interviewed a woman who works for a company that sources expensive / rare products for the super rich. She talked about watches and yachts n stuff. She then said they got a very good deal on a bugatti for a customer sourcing one for 800,000. Or so she said... Anyone else hear it? I was only half listening!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Beekay

Hey, just letting all you Veyron fans know that at the phoenix park motor races this year the bugatti will be on display and will be doing a demo run around the track.

http://www.phoenixparkmotorraces.org/park.html

• Registered Users Posts: 65,399 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Sorry the video is so poor, I was fiddling with myself as I filmed it...

LOL, thanks for sharing that. The vid that is :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 675 ✭✭✭OKenora

Prob posted before but useless fact about a veyron.....

if a current F1 car doing 100mph passed a parked Veyron and the Veyron set off in chase after the F1 car it could catch it and beat it to 200 mph

Thats some impressive acelleration.

Advertisement