Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortgage Interest Relief

Options
  • 31-01-2007 11:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭

On foot of the recent budget announcement I was expecting my mortgage interest relief allowance to double this month, but it hasn't :(

Its gone up by about 80%, anybody else seen the fruits of the "double" relief or have I just been screwed over?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

For anybody who was thinking the same, I checked it out and basically the govt doubled the interest ceiling amount, not the actual REAL cash TRS you see going off your mortgage! The previous ceiling was €8K P.A, its now doubled to €16K P.A. So the odds are for most folk they'll get a few extra quid out of it each month but they wont see double the amount they might have expected to see :(

Advertisement