Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Infrastructure Forum

Options
  • 31-01-2007 11:49am
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I was looking at the new Infrastructure forum and I have a suggestion for it.

For me transport should be a sub forum of infrastructure if anything! Then you could put commuting as its on forum in Society.

Originally I thought that infrastructure should be a sub section of Engineering but after talking to Mike65 I thought that Society->infrastructure->transport & Society->commuting would be better than Engineering->infrastructure.

What do people think?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,901 ✭✭✭Vexorg

When the forum was created - I only saw infrastructure as the road infrastructure - the mods are currently discussing the forum charter and as soon as that is done, we will know the remit of the forum and can rearrange the category at that point.

V.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

If its infrastructure projects and plans covering such areas as transport, power, water/sewerage, telecoms, etc then its good for here, if its finished and not working then its for Transport/Commuting, Politics, Consumer Issues or wherever most apppropriate.

Infrastructure announcements (subject to boards.ie advertising / spam rules), general discussion (serious and not so serious) and relevant humour are all welcome.

This is taken from the charter as it stands now.

Is this final? If it is then my suggestion seems to have some merit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

That charter is a "holding statement" a few new words from me plus an edit of the existing C/T charter. Victor, Gandalf and Vexorg and whoever may have other ideas.

Mike.

Advertisement