Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Virtual Office Phone system

Options
  • 31-01-2007 12:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭

I'm setting up a business for my wife where she'll be taking calls for a reasonable number of people, maybe 10-20, kind of a Virtual Office. It would be ideal if she knew who the people were calling for before she picked up the phone.

I thought that it would be possible to do this with an automated call attendant which screens the call and figures out who it's for and then transfers it to the phone whilst displaying on the screen who it's for. Does anyone know of anything that can do that?

I also thought that I could get additional numbers on 1 or 2 PSTN lines and have someway to figure out what number they called so that she'd know who was calling.

Alternatively I could go for a whole PBX with all the numbers coming onto the same phone but that would be fairly costly I think.

What I want to avoid is having 10-20 phone lines and phones :) So, anything that means I can have less lines and still know who a person is calling for is what I'm looking for.

Any one any ideas?

Cheers,

Matt

Advertisement