Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Query re. DHL delivery and 'past history'

Options
  • 31-01-2007 12:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,994 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Just bought an item from a Dublin-based eBay shop (luzerntech), delivery by DHL only.

My query is whether DHL have right to the item until my past history with them (make a cuppa before clicking!) is cleared, or whether they have to deliver the item no matter what because they are contracted by the eBay shop.

Thoughts? Anyone here with a similar experience?

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

the 'customer' is the shop, so presumably once he's paid them they have to deliver it to its onward destination (i.e. you)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,994 ✭✭✭ambro25

That's what I thought, indeed.

But then in the previous (linkie'd) instance, I was also the recipient and the (outra-EU) shop was the customer, yet DHL turned nasty on me when I wouldn't pay the customs bill (since they hadn't delivered the goods), instead of sorting their sh1t with the store.

Advertisement