Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Accidental format

• 31-01-2007 1:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,998 ✭✭✭✭

I formatted the wrong hard-drive in work and now I need to recover data.

The drive was partitioned into 2, currently the partition I need is showing up as Fat32 where it would have been Nfsc. This may be because it was only repartitioned rather then reformatted. Anybody got any ideas as to how to recover the data?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭jtiernan

There are some excellent file recovery programs which are whithin windows and can recover files even after a partition or format. I'd advise to experiment with a few which can be got of download.com and then select the best one as there are a lot better than others and they work different ways. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

PC Inspector is one that pops up quite often for file recovery q's on boards, its freeware.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,998 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Ruu wrote:
    PC Inspector is one that pops up quite often for file recovery q's on boards, its freeware.

Ha, funny you should say that....

But its so bloody slow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,998 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Funny story, laptop hard-drive seems to have died a horrible death. Yeah good times I'm having today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,240 ✭✭✭Endurance Man

krazy_8s wrote:
    Ha, funny you should say that....

But its so bloody slow.

They are all slow, i waited many many hours, think it was like 14hours or something.

• Advertisement

I can testify to that :/
    Have one running at the moment, and has been going for four hours.

Advertisement