Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Plastering question

• 31-01-2007 1:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,399 ✭✭✭

Quick question

I'm getting an extension put onto my house. The builder is demanding the "plastering complete" stage payment.

While the walls are done, the ceilings where he broke through from the new extension into the existing house are in a mess. In addition, the floors were dug up to allow the pipework for the central heating to be connected up. I believe that when the ceilings and floors are repaired, this is when the plastering is completed. The builder believes otherwise.

Who is right??????

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭Carpenter

Quick question

I'm getting an extension put onto my house. The builder is demanding the "plastering complete" stage payment.

While the walls are done, the ceilings where he broke through from the new extension into the existing house are in a mess. In addition, the floors were dug up to allow the pipework for the central heating to be connected up. I believe that when the ceilings and floors are repaired, this is when the plastering is completed. The builder believes otherwise.

Who is right??????

Hi
    What has the floor got to do with the plastering nothing i would think.
    But to be fair the new ope should be finished first .
    Plastering is plastering
    Floor,s are floors

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 472 ✭✭UrbanFox

An interesting point.

Who "certifies" that a particular stage is complete for purposes of payment ? Surely the architect should decide that ?

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Builderwoman!

Talk to your architect or engineer Dave and let him make a call on it. Then if the builder has a problem with the decision of the professional overseeing that job let him argue it out with him. For what it's worth plastering complete should mean just that in my book!

Advertisement