Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Languages Ball tonight Wed 31st in Messrs Maguire

Options
  • 31-01-2007 2:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭

As part of multi cultural awareness week* theres a languages ball tonight in Messrs Maguire (basement).
    • Free Food
    • Live Music
    • Drinking games
    • Spot Prizes (for those who come in a cultural themed outfit)
    • Raffle for an ipod
    • Drinks promos - all cocktails 5euro

Its 5euro on the door, proceeds going towards the rose foundation.

*Dont know why the SU decided to have multi cultural and differently able week at the same time, but the languages ball was planned well in advance as a collaboration between the various language societies

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

*Cough* Time *cough.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭18AD

*cough* 9pm *cough*

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

18AD wrote:
    *cough* 9pm *cough*
    Are you mocking my cystic fibrosis?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

Mea Culpa, it is indeed 9pm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭18AD

Are you mocking my cystic fibrosis?

No, I actually have a bad cough at the moment. :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Steibhin

According to an email I got, People are encouraged to turn up dressed as an historical figure from theirs languages culture e.g. Astrix for the Frenchs, Columbus for the Spanish. There is a prize for best costume.

The German Society send around a second email suggesting to members that perhaps some historical figures are best forgotten i.e. don't borrow your outfit from Prince Harry..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭singingstranger

Steibhin wrote:
    i.e. don't borrow your outfit from Prince Harry..
    Is it just me or can anyone else not imagine any figures from German history wearing a military uniform from Sandhurst Academy?! :p

Advertisement