Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Installing PS2 Chip?

Options
  • 31-01-2007 3:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭

Just wondering from someone who has experience of installing a PS2 modchip - how difficult is it? My soldering skills are pretty low, but I'm willing to give it a go.

As I said in another post, I'm looking to play some US/Jap imports and I find the idea of Swap discs to be a pain.

Also is there any benefit of like a €50 chip over a €20 chip?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭paul moore

Is it a slim line ?
    Or even if it is a Bulky one the method of using a Swap Magic only adds on seconds !
    Safer also cause the ps2 inside is mad,soldering iron like a needle needed !
    Let me know if ya need a Swap Magic !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭j4vier

what i would u if u really wanna do it reactor is practice on a faulty one first
    its pretty hard for example for a matrix infinity if u dont have much experience

u would really need a 0,1 mm tip

no benefit other than the 50e would be upgradable i reckon but at this stage its no big deal
    even a budget chip like the h2o can play everything

• Registered Users Posts: 11,981 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Are these for playing burned to dvd games? Where do you get the chips? Ebay? /

ebay does not allow the sellin of modchips therefore no
    you get them off websists like eurasia or divineo

• Registered Users Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

Do you have experience doing this kind of thing j4vier?

• Advertisement

im abit like u i guess
    i modchipped my gc myself but that was relatively easy
    i tried to install a matrix infinity on an old ps2 but with no luck.. my tip was too big and it was a 0.4 mm plus i wasnt too experienced either.
    i wouldnt be starting really by moddin a ps2 cause it does require some skills and if u mess up good chances are that it will end up in the bin

Advertisement