Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Repair under warranty when not original owner?

Options
  • 31-01-2007 3:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭

Bought 05 Corsa from a non Opel dealer (still has 6 months dealer warranty left on it according to dealer) and now discovered it is having a hesitation problem on pulling away.
    Car starts and revs fine but as soon as it starts to pull away from standing, all power drops for a second. Feels like I'm trying to pull away in 2nd (or even 3rd) gear. As soon as I've juddered through it, all is well again. It is worse in reverse as car judders and shakes. Car runs perfectly otherwise

The dealer I bought it off said to bring it to an Opel dealer as it is still under guarantee. He says if I bring it back to him and he finds the problem with it he can only refer me to Opel.

My question is will Opel look at this for free as I am not the original owner and will they fix free of charge... What is needed to have car repaired under warranty as no manuals etc came with car.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

If you bought it off a dealer then the warrenty they gave you is with them!!

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭yellow012

If the car is still under its 2 years manufacturers warranty then it doesn't matter where you bought it, you just need to take it to an Opel dealer and let them fix it. It's also irrelevant who the current owner of the car is as the warranty is covering the car not the owner.
    On the other hand if its not still under the manufacturers warranty and has a waranty from the garage you bought it from then you need to take it back to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Dealer warranty may not be transferable - it depends on the warranty terms as laid out by the dealer. Manufacturer warranty, on the other hand applies to the car irrespective of how many people have owned the car.

EDIT: You are entitled to warranty - just bring it to an Opel dealer and they should look after you. But as bazz26 (below) says, get the dealer you bought it from to sort it out for you. He'd no problem taking you money so the least he can do is help to sort out the problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

dominoman wrote:
    Bought 05 Corsa from a non Opel dealer (still has 6 months dealer warranty left on it according to dealer) and now discovered it is having a hesitation problem on pulling away.
    Car starts and revs fine but as soon as it starts to pull away from standing, all power drops for a second. Feels like I'm trying to pull away in 2nd (or even 3rd) gear. As soon as I've juddered through it, all is well again. It is worse in reverse as car judders and shakes. Car runs perfectly otherwise

The dealer I bought it off said to bring it to an Opel dealer as it is still under guarantee. He says if I bring it back to him and he finds the problem with it he can only refer me to Opel.

My question is will Opel look at this for free as I am not the original owner and will they fix free of charge... What is needed to have car repaired under warranty as no manuals etc came with car.

The dealer that you bought the car from should be doing the donkey work of chasing Opel to fix the problem since it is still under the manufacturers warranty. You bought the car from them not Opel.

Advertisement