Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Where is the best place to trade in a 360?

• 31-01-2007 4:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭

Hey guys, just wondering where is the best place to trade in a 360. I have sent off my 360 premium to be repaired (launch console, out of warranty) and was thinking of buying a new core (for the years warranty) and keeping the hard drive etc from my old premium and selling the premium (as a core, in the core box) when it is repaired. Sounds confusing.....

Where would i get the best deal. Game only offer 120 for a core in cash but 190 in store credit. I would need to get cash if possible. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

Sell it on adverts.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭jaykay2

Yeah but i'm afraid to sell it to someone in-case it breaks again. You only get a 2 or 3 month warranty with a repair and i wouldn't want to land someone with a dodgy 360. I wouldn't have any problem giving it to Game or Gamestop etc... Those guys deserve it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Apologies if this sounds stupid but what about the person that buys it off Gamestop or Game? Is it not just the same thing?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Melion wrote:
    Apologies if this sounds stupid but what about the person that buys it off Gamestop or Game? Is it not just the same thing?

They'd be covered by what ever warranty Game/Gamestop offer presumably

kearnsr wrote:
    They'd be covered by what ever warranty Game/Gamestop offer presumably

Exactly. They are covered by a 1 year warranty... So any ideas?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Julez

Why don't you get the €190 store credit and buy the xbox there, if you fell odd trading a 360 then buying one, just get a €190 credit note and get it a different day!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Game and Gamestop won't care or test what they take in!! I got a broken DS, GC, Xbox and PS2 off them before!!

See, I don't have the xbox to trade in yet. It's off being repaired in Germany. Well actually, it's stuck in Dublin airport being x-rayed. (You can track your package through UPS website and it was stopped there yesterday at 5.30pm!) I want to get the new xbox in the meantime because i don't know how long i will be waiting. It could be weeks. :(

Advertisement