Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Tuning Sky remote handset

• 31-01-2007 7:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,284 ✭✭✭✭

Boards search facility isn't working so I have to ask a stupid question here.

I got a new 32" TV and want to use the Sky handset to control the TV functions. How do I do that? I read that the code is 653 but other than that I haven't a clue.

Would appreciate any advice given

Cheers

muffler

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

check out...

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054893123&referrerid=59211

TO PROGRAM THE remote USING THE 4 DIGIT CODE:

1. Turn your TV on.

2. Press tv on your Sky remote control.

3. Hold down select and the red button together for about two seconds, until the red light on the Sky remote control blinks twice.

4. Press tv on your Sky remote control again.

5. Key in the four digit code for your brand of TV. The light on the Sky remote control blinks twice. If the light blinks once only, recheck the code for your brand of TV and start again at Step 1.

6. Press the standby button on your Sky remote control. If your TV switches off, press select. The light on the Sky remote control blinks twice (code stored). If your TV does not switch off, press tv, then press the standby button. Repeat this (press tv, then standby) until your TV turns off, then press select (stores code).

If at this point the LED on the Sky remote control blinks three times then all possible codes for that make of receiver have been checked. Repeat from step one, ensuring that you enter the correct manufacturer code.

At the end of the sequence, if you see the TV Guide screen, the remote control setup process is complete. If you did not see the TV Guide screen, you must now complete the following steps.

8. Press tv on your Sky remote control.

9. Hold down select and the green button together for about two seconds, until the red light on the Sky remote control blinks twice.

10. Key in the number of the channel on your TV that you use for watching satellite TV.

11. Press select on your Sky remote control. The red light blinks twice. The remote control setup process is complete.

also check...

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055040445

There are slight differences between both threads but one of them should work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,284 ✭✭✭✭muffler

thrill, thank you so much for that.

I just noted from your post that the code is 4 digit so wherever I read about 653 is obviously wrong.

I will get a look at the links a little later but is there anywhere you know I can link to to get the code. Its a Technosonic LCD3251

Thanks again

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

There is another process for 3 digit codes

Press TV
    Press and hold SELECT and RED until LED blinks twice
    Enter 3 digit code
    Press Select again.

Let me know how you get on.

THere is guides to Sky remote codes on www.satcure.co.uk

Also on Satcure, I notice that Technosonic LCD3201 4 digit code is 0653.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,284 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Thanks byte. It was a 3 digit code - 065 that was needed for this model and I now have everything controlled by the Sky remote control handset. Its makes TV watching that wee bit more enjoyable.

The only other problem I had was trying to get the same setup in the kids room. I have the sky multi-room and give them up my old telly - Reoc is the badge on it. Tried the same process and with a code I got from a google search but it didnt work. Not too worried about it though.

BTW - needed a bit of a hand from a certain MR D last week - you would have seen the legs buckling a bit when he was lifting the old 28" set up on to the top of a fairly high chest of drawers in the boys room :D

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

muffler wrote:
    Thanks byte. It was a 3 digit code - 065 that was needed for this model and I now have everything controlled by the Sky remote control handset. Its makes TV watching that wee bit more enjoyable.

The only other problem I had was trying to get the same setup in the kids room. I have the sky multi-room and give them up my old telly - Reoc is the badge on it. Tried the same process and with a code I got from a google search but it didnt work. Not too worried about it though.

BTW - needed a bit of a hand from a certain MR D last week - you would have seen the legs buckling a bit when he was lifting the old 28" set up on to the top of a fairly high chest of drawers in the boys room :D
    Ah grand so.

For Reoc, you could try codes for Philips, Beko, Goodmans, etc.

Poor Mr D! :D Ah well, sure he should be used to lifting tellies at this stage!

• Advertisement
Advertisement