Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Samoa Joe to leave ROH for good

• 31-01-2007 8:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭

From PWInsider

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_EWId_gX0_Q

I'm surprised I'm not more disappointed about this. I do believe ROH will be grand without him, as they continue to create their own main event guys. BJ Whitmer in 2006 is a prime example. Joe has been with the company for 4 years and it's time for both parties to move on.

Hopefully now Joe will hit the title scene in TNA and become the huge star he deserves to be. With Russo's hurried booking I'd go as far as to say he will challenge Angle for the title in march's PPV.

It looks like I'll be ringside for Joe's last ever ROH match (March 4th in Liverpool), and that's going to be an incredible occasion. On that note, does anyone here know where to buy streamers, the good kind that they use in the States? I spent hours looking around in Liverpool the last time ROH were over and all I could find were these crappy thin yolks. Any help on that one would be great!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 deathray 4000

my god im not an roh fan but this is possibly the dumbest move in their history. the biggest star in the companies history leaves and instead of basically giving him a huge send off in front of his home crowd they have his last match in a different country? i know the uk shows generate huge amounts of money but still if they keep having their biggest moments there its gonna piss off the u.s fans(the ones that made it the most over-rated indy in the world). whats next,bryan danielson homicide and a returning low ki all decide to leave and have their final match against each othr on the japan shows

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

It's the end of an era anyway

I don't think there's anything wrong with him leaving at the English shows.. How many people can fit into an American ROH event anyway, just a few hundred? Not as if they'd be able to make millions off of him. The Americans will buy the dvd anyway

Advertisement