Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which revision books are best?

Options
  • 31-01-2007 8:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭

Ended up buying a load of those less stress more success books the other day. While they're good i didnt find them all that amazing. Does anyone else find this? Which do you think are better? The less stress more success books or the revise wise books?

Which are the best revision books? 7 votes

Less Stress More Success
    0% 0 votes
    Revise Wise
    71% 5 votes
    Other
    28% 2 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

Your own notes >>>> any of these books companies try to sell you.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

I was given them all at the start of the year (except for English) and they don't really blow me away with insights into the subjects. They seem to omit many areas of the syllabus (Biology is a prime example here) and they just aren't really indepth enough for you to rely on and not compact enough for them to be of any use for cramming. The economics one, while about 10 years out of date, does however provide an excellent summary of the course and tonnes of questions on each section as well as solutions dating all the way back to 1979.

What's worth keeping in mind is that these books have been written by teachers who obviously have their own specific style and methods to teaching and if these deviate substancially from those of your own teachers then you could find the revision books to be more of a hinderence than an aid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Haven't a Clue

I find revise wise more helpful for maths anyway. Less Stress... seems to focus more on questions you're liable to see in your maths books, whereas revise wise looks at previous examination papers...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭Nehpets

less stress for physics isn't too brilliant. I hear it's the revise wise one is meant to be better.

none are amazing though, just another book

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

Revise Wise for geography is quite good. Shortcuts to Success for Englush paper 1 is being plugged by all the english teachers in our school, but I had a look and it does look really good.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭md99

JC 2K3 wrote:
    Your own notes >>>> any of these books companies try to sell you.

He speaks truth.

Advertisement