Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork City Marathon 4th June 07

Options
  • 31-01-2007 8:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Its taken them a while but I notice that registration is now open for the Cork City marathon, which includes a team relay option. Good luck to all you are looking to take part.

See: http://www.corkcitymarathon.ie/

Regards,

Mick

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭m_s_nixon

Does anyone know how the relay race is going to work for the cork marathon? I'm interested in doing it as part of a 2 man team, but it seems like it could be messy at the change-over points if they're very crowded, and how will they stop people from cheating? Its not as though they're going to get people to carry a baton for 13.1 miles (I hope!)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭Slogger Jogger

Hi,

The relay aspect of the race is still subject to finalisation from what I can see. I think teams need to be a minimum of 3 runners, up to a max of 5. There is a clause on the application form whereby you confirm to agree to the rules of the race, and in not so many words, don't cheat. It would be somewhat small minded to cheat in any race like that.

Regards,

Mick

• Registered Users Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭hunnymonster

most marathons that are run as relays involve the first runner handing over their chip to the second runner and so on. The chip is a small electronic device that records you when you pass over a special mat. This is how times are calcualted and also will ensure that you travel along the course. Not sure how this will work in Cork.

Theoretically the field should be spread out enough that the changeovers are not a problem but in teh Bellfast marathon 2 years ago it was an absolute disaster. Relay runners who had finished their leg were all over the place blocking the parth of other runners. If you are a realy runner, please try to be considerate of the others on the course.

No idea what the plans are for Cork yet.

Advertisement