Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ordered 64bit DVD!

• 31-01-2007 8:57pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭

As you might read from my other post, i got Home Premium which only has the 32bit DVD. Went online and ordered the 64bit DVD...it only cost €12.04 Incl. VAT.

Pretty good deal, used a 3V, went smooth...28 days for delivery. For €279 i think this was the best option, however....those of you thinking about buying the cheaper upgrade copy for €229 might enjoy reading this:

http://www.dailytech.com/article.aspx?newsid=5932

:D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Cool,

Sooo are you saying one could order Vista Ultimate upgrade DVD (the 32bit) and using your DVD key get the 64bit ver for only a small fee?
    it's that easy cos your using your own key?

If so, Do you know if this works for every type of Vista?

I'm just up and Coffee not kicked in yet so I could have missed read this...:o

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Thats not too bad, shame that alot of applications still ain't making proper use of 64bit yet.

If that €12-13 fee applys to anyone wanting to upgrade to the 64bit version from the 32bit version then thats pretty damn good. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,373 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

yeah i read you can use the product key for 32 bit version on the 64bit version, so should cost anything to change version. Not sure how having the oem edition effects things though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

I think home basic isn't available in 64 bit but premium and upwards should be fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭mick.fr

Stephen wrote:
    I think home basic isn't available in 64 bit but premium and upwards should be fine.

Yes exactly

Business/Enterprise can order the 64 bits version for a small extra fee.

As 8T8 explained there is no point to mess around with those 64 bits versions yet, unless you have a really specific need. Because it is not easy to find all the device drivers written for 64 bits, plus games and desktop apps are usually not written for 64 bits. The time will come.

But Ultimate's DVD comes with both version 32 an 64 bits, so there is no extra fee for Ultimate (Well hopefully lol).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

mick.fr wrote:

But Ultimate's DVD comes with both version 32 an 64 bits, so there is no extra fee for Ultimate (Well hopefully lol).

So they give you two DVD's in Ultimate's box?

Can anyone confirm this? also what versions get this, OEM? Upgrade?? ect...

god's toy wrote:
    So they give you two DVD's in Ultimate's box?

Can anyone confirm this? also what versions get this, OEM? Upgrade?? ect...

(Vista Ultimate comes with both versions in the box; the Business or Home versions come with the 32-bit version, with a toll-free number that lets you order the 64-bit version at no charge, well the media/shipment only)

I have not seen any offical Vista package but I guess Ultimate has the both versions on the same DVD, OEM or full package I would say. But can not confirm it.

No I have checked, Vista Ultimate OEM is in 2 different versions : 32 and 64 bits. You do not have both versions in the same box. They are sold seperatly at ruoghly the same price. Seen at 170+ euros on Komplett.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Vista Ultimate has both 64bit and 32bit in the retail box, Home Premium comes with 32bit. My DVD is already en route...pretty swift from MS.

All the DVD's are the same, as in the DVD for Home Basic/Home Premium/Business/Ultimate etc. are all the same. It's the DVD key that dictates which copy you get.

Mine had a Home Premium key, but MS allow you to upgrade to Ultimate online...i think it's €202.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Guys...i got my 64bit DVD today, it came by UPS signed for. So i guess the €12 really went on the shipping. That was pretty quick...only a week after ordering.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

I have Vista Ultimate Edition 64-bit on DVD! But I have a 32-bit system... :rolleyes:

Advertisement