Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Joe Biden forms exploratory committee

Options
  • 31-01-2007 9:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭

Joe Biden is a six term Democrat senator from Delaware having been a senator since 1973.He is very experienced having chaired the U.S. Senate Committee on the Judiciary.He is now the Chairman of the U.S. Senate Committee on Foreign Relations and the U.S. Senate Subcommittee on Crime and Drugs in the 110th Congress.He also sat on numerous committees during his long tenure in office.

Biden is centrist Democrat who favours sensible solutions to make life that little bit easier for Americans.He favours the diplomatic solution in solving the problem with Iraq in talking to Iran and Syria.

Biden is so much more experienced than Clinton, Obama, Edwards the frontrunners in the race for the nomination.I think he will make an excellent President.You can see a video of him explaining why he wants to run for President at www.joebiden.com

If I was an American citizen I would undoubtedly vote for him for the Democratic nomination and for President if he won.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

I vote for Geena Davis, (IND)

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭daithimac

I'm a santos man myself

• Registered Users Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭segadreamcast

Biden is also a failed 1988 candidate and, frankly, has even less of a hope this time around. Also - he has made several announcements at this stage about his candidacy, presumably to keep interest in his already-ailing campaign. Oh dear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭sovtek

Anyone that votes to bring the troops home and start impeachment now gets my vote. That defo excludes Biden (his Iraq plan is a hypocritical joke), Obama, Clinton
    I hope Nader's health holds for the next two years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Chakar

sovtek wrote:
    Anyone that votes to bring the troops home and start impeachment now gets my vote. That defo excludes Biden (his Iraq plan is a hypocritical joke), Obama, Clinton
    I hope Nader's health holds for the next two years.

Biden's strategy is to stabilise Iraq not also through military solutions but also through diplomatic solutions working with Syria and Iran (as distasteful as it might be) but it has to be done.

If the Americans left now there would be a power vacuum left which would be filled by radical militant groups and al Sadr.It would also contribute to the further development of terrorists.

Impeachment of any American President is notoriously difficult and the case against Bush wouldn't stand up.They need a stronger Senate majority if they were to undertake it which they don't.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭latenia

I happened to catch this guy on the Daily Show tonight and he comes across as a grade-a muppet. He said the following about Barack Obama:

“I mean, you got the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy,” he said. “I mean, that’s a storybook, man.”

When confronted about this he tried to just laugh it off. Apart from this he's very smarmy and arrogant.

Advertisement