Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

This could get messy...could it?

• 31-01-2007 10:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭

Hi all, getting a laptop in a few days and would like to hook it up to my network. Wirelessly, of course, as its all the rage. Problem is I havn't got a clue about wireless networks, and I'm by no stretch of the imagination a computer novice. I just wanted to clear up some things before I try and set this baby up.

I've got an Aolynk DR814 router (I'm with smart) With a desktop and an Xbox hooked up to it. Basically All I wanna know is do I need to buy a whole new router or is there a way for me to hook say a wireless modem(router?I don't know the difference between a wireless modem and a wireless router, do I need a wireless router if I allready have a wired one?) up to my Aolynk and connect my laptop to the modem and connect to the internet because my modem is connected to my wired router.

Any help is mucho appreciated.

cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

You could get a new wireless router and use that for all three, or you could get a wireless access point, connect that to the wired box and use the laptop through that.

Personally, given the choice I'd go with the first one, less clutter and one more free power point on the wall :)

Advertisement