Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crititque this cheap Interface

Options
  • 31-01-2007 10:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭

Mindprint Trio USB has been on special offer on thomann for months (about e150 or so) it purports to be a

186003.jpg

"complete USB Audio Interace including Class A mic input (10 kOhms), 48 V phantom power, HiZ instrument input by Hughes&Kettner, Analog Compressor with Adaptive Response, Low Cut Filter for MIC/INSTR, 2 Band EQ for MIC/INSTR, 2 Band EQ for LINE, Analog Insert Send/Return for external processors, 2 powerful headphone amps with separate volume controls, 3 pairs of speakers outputs, dedicated Direct Out, Mono, Dim, Mute and Talkback functions, Simultaneous use of MIC/INSTR., LINE, AUX, DAW analog and DAW digital for a total of 9 channels, Dedicated knobs for all functions: No menues or shift keys! Dynamic Range >105 dB(a)

http://www.thomann.de/ie/mindprint_trio_usbuk.htm

Anyone used one or heard anything about it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭frobisher

It certainly seems to be heavily featured. Is this the answer to all of my interface problems? I doubt it to be honest. Where's the room in that budget for the second most important thing in it, good a/d and d/a converters? That said, it could be fine for a lot of home studios and at that price the conversion and pre-amp would have to be truly awful for it not to be worth the cash. At €150, if you need something like it I'd just get it before they sold out and if it's crap just flog later for near the same money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭jimi_t

frobisher wrote:
    It certainly seems to be heavily featured. Is this the answer to all of my interface problems? I doubt it to be honest. Where's the room in that budget for the second most important
    thing in it, good a/d and d/a converters?

Thats what I was thinking myself, but you have to understand that this item was genuinely 450 odd euro on release. The soundonsound article for the standalone version seems to think it a great bargain for the release price, for 150 its basically a no-brainer. I just wanted to get some 3rd party input if possible; I'm trying to sort my little set-up out once and for all and want to make the right choices even given my severely limited (read: student) budget.

I'm actually really intertesed in this. Unfortunatley I'm also trying to stop buying too many toys that i don't really need. From what you're saying I would suggest just buying it. I'm finding it hard to resist myself! Do it.....

I've just had another look and realised that as a USB interface it might be a good little solution for working on my laptop...hhhmmmmm....

Advertisement