Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Putting together all the necessary drivers

• 31-01-2007 10:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭

I have xp running on an old machine, downloaded fedora, now all i need to know is how to identify all the drivers necessary and download their linux counterparts, any ideas suggestions? or does it need to be done this way?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Like Windows, most Linux distros (including Fedora) have a pretty comprehensive driver database included on the disks, which should find a driver for pretty much anything you have.

Do you have any hardware that you're particularily worried about not working?

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭riddik

no not really, i presume d nvidia card will be included in that yeah? there's nothing i was woried about, its a standard, old, unused pc, i was hopin to install suse, its a 1 gig ram, 1.7 amd athlon xp2000, will this sufficiently run the latest SUSE distro with the XGL desktop do u think?

excellent, what a fast reply btw, thanx!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

This nVidia driver guide relates to Core 5, but should work for Core 6 as well if there isn't a driver available on the disk.

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭riddik

fair play man, great response times there! appreciate it

Advertisement