Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

REAL 4 wheel alignment

Options
  • 31-01-2007 11:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38

Hi - I have a Mk3 Golf GTi which has a slight tendancy to the left. I know all cars will pull with the camber but it is a little more then that - but not so bad that I have a bigger right arm then left. I am looking for someone in the west dublin area who REALLY KNOWS how to do wheel alignment and adjustment properly. I have new tyres and it's not the tracking. The tyres do not scrub so it is feels like the caster on the LF wheel is reduced ( the wheel is back a little more then it should be). Anyone ever heard of a particular problem with Mk3 golfs that cause this? Anyone know a decent place that does a proper alignment and adjustment? Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭TomMc

Dave McCann Tyres in Coolmine Ind Est/Bus Park, Blanchardstown are mean't to be one of the better outfits.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 h12345

Is the pull increased when you brake?

• Registered Users Posts: 38 apw99

Hi - No the brakes do not cause a pull. Had the NCT done and the figures show balence within 2 or 3%. Do you think it should pull under braking to be caster-related?
    Also the tyres show no unusal wear, which I would expect if it was a rear wheel alignment problem.
    Ideas?? Thanks.:)

Someone else mentioned Dave McCann - so I will look him up - cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭Sesshoumaru

Does this Dave McCann use a laser machine to do the alignment? My MR2 is due an alignment check around about now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭msdurden

Theres a place opposite Merlin Cars that I would'nt recommend... .. i got my Golf's alignment done there and within a few weeks its back to normal crap....

:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭VeVeX

msdurden wrote:
    Theres a place opposite Merlin Cars that I would'nt recommend... .. i got my Golf's alignment done there and within a few weeks its back to normal crap....

:mad:

If the car was straight when you drove it from the garage and continued to be fine for a couple of weeks would it not make more sense that from driving the car over these weeks that you put the alignment out again.

You can get the alignment done and drive down the road, hit a pothole and its out again.

Its ridiculous to be bad mouthing a business when you obviously have no idea whats involved in doing a wheel alignment.

I booked a 4-wheel alignment with Dave McCann Tyres in Clonsilla on saturday. I was greatly suprised to find someone in the motor industry who listened to what I was looking for, asked the right questions, knew their bisness 100%, spent the time to do the job and had top class equipment.
    My car now drives in a straight line, handles much better and for Euro60 I feel like I really got good value fort money. The equipment they have must cots a fortune but it really does a good job. Definitly recommend this place to anyone with alignment problems.

And yes it is laser alignment.

Advertisement