Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cave creatures

Options
  • 01-02-2007 12:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭

I went caving last week up the east coast of New Zealand on youth camp trip.

Great fun.

About half of time we were on our hands and knees crawling through mud. No room to stand and no lights apart from our flash lights.

Complete darkness and fresh water stream running under our feet.
    Some interesting and weird creatures live there. Got a few shots.

Here is a little shrimp type thingy
    Not sure exactly what it is
    373152168_83aeb0bb27.jpg

Happened to look down and this guy was about to crawl over my feet :eek:

373152176_0588e9f920.jpg

This guy scared the life out me. Didn't see him until I was right beside him
    Think it was a spider, didn't stay close enough, he raised his front legs when we were near. Much bigger than your average Irish spider.

373156995_87739246e8.jpg

There was a few other creatures, but never got pictures of them. Needed to keep up with the group. Big spider webs across parts of the ceiling, large bugs and glow in the dark fungus or something.

Advertisement