Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Importing messages to Outlook Express 6

• 01-02-2007 12:17am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 142 ✭✭

I had serious problems with email not being sent iin Outlook Express 6 and in the course of finding out the problem, I decided to do a hard drive search for dbx files so I had all my messages saved. I saved them in a folder on C: drive called "Emails 31-01-07".

It seems that I must have done this before as I had a number - bout 3 - similarly named folders. I do remember in the past copying the dbx folders to a CD and then importing them back into Outlook Express 6. Folders which were not there in the "setup basic configuration" appeared and all was fine.

Well I have about 100 + folders for import from C: drive. I go to import just one folder as a test and go through the procedure yet nothing appears. I copied the same folder to a CD (as previously done successfully) yet am told there are no messages to import. Yet when I double check on CD, the data folder is there.

What I need to know is how can I make the messages that I KNOW I have to appear in Outlook Express, I'm not bothered about messages being doubled up from folders of a similar name - they can be deleted by hand -all I need is not to lose any on import.

Any help, advice, tips etc very gratefully accepted.

Regards,

HPMan

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Firstly.. make sure they are not set to read only. secondly import from a message store and browse.. its not hard to figure out and if it does not work after that then there is little you can do. Maybe you did not back up the right identity or the files are corrupt.

Oh and it has to be done from hard drive. Not from CD obviously as it will be read only on the cd.
    If you want a better step by step guide then im sure google will give you one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 142 ✭✭HPMan

UPDATE: got it to work; till dont know the solution but its works.

HPMan

Advertisement