Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Honest Reality

Options
  • 01-02-2007 12:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭

The fact is that our local rivals 2nd team (with a couple of regualrs) are better then the best we have.

Please don't use the loss of King, Lennon & Berbatov as an excuse. They could have called on Henry/Gallas/Van Persie/Helb/Baptista/Leahmann/etc....

The awful shame was that we came within 90mins of 4th and fcuking them up in the process. Since then they have got stronger and we have got weaker. They won't let it get that close ever agin, once bitten etc..

Tonight they had something like 25 attempts on goal vs 5 or 6 from us. A lucky set peice equaliser gave us false hope of a good result. Why do Spurs always micky tease like this without ever delivering (since 1991).

The best footballers and the best team of men won tonight. And as if we ever needed reminding. We have a massive distance to travel to be anywhere near the overall quality of Arsenal's players.

Such a kick in the nuts after nearly wrecking their party last year. But that's Spurs for you, nearly is or middle name and I'm fcukin sick of them making me feel so horrible for the most part of my life.

If it warn't for the great folk I've met through following Spurs, I'd say they are a waste of time, and it deeply fcukin hurts me to say that and I've never said that before.

Good night.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

Gonna post this here, as I'd NEVER admit it to my brother (an Arse supporter) who is about as gracious in either winning or defeat as an elephant doing ballet.

We were played off the pitch, fair and square. There was absolutely no drive or belief visible until we went behind, and even then it only lasted for 5 or 10 minutes.

Realism over; I've just been texting to and fro with the above-mentioned bro, and he went from his initial text gloating (while still claiming that we had the ref on our side - despite our 3 unwarranted bookings) to querying that free-kick.

It's funny - I never heard him querying the 2 penos that they got in the Premiership game.....he's a really nice guy, and more fair and balanced in most things than I am, but I'm beginning to think that Arse supporters are like Clare hurling supporters....overdue a decent run for years, everyone relatively happy for them, but give them a decent run and they get so blinkered, irritating and arrogant that they're unbearable.

The sooner Arse get a kick up themselves the better, to take 'em down a peg or two......unfortunately it looks like we won't be the ones to do it.

C'mon Chelsea!

P.S. Small point re the above post; you say they're better than "the best we have", but later you say not to mention the top players that were missing ? That's inconsistent. The team that played against us tonight is NOT better than "the best we have", but neither is "the best we have" better than "the best they have".

We CAN be better than them (they were damn lucky the last 3 times we met 'em in the Premiership) but they definitely have a consistency that we are severely lacking.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,090 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Life is good

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

Liam Byrne wrote:
    P.S. Small point re the above post; you say they're better than "the best we have", but later you say not to mention the top players that were missing ? That's inconsistent. The team that played against us tonight is NOT better than "the best we have", but neither is "the best we have" better than "the best they have".

We CAN be better than them (they were damn lucky the last 3 times we met 'em in the Premiership) but they definitely have a consistency that we are severely lacking.

You can split hairs all you want but any neutral could see the gulf in class between us and them tonight. And this can also be said for the 2nd 45 last Wed.

We played our best available team, they played an intentional weakend team.
    In a perfect world we could call on King/Lennon/Berby. But they could call on Henry/Gallas/Van Persie/Helb/Leahmann/Baptista/Fabregas etc...

We're no match for them in every department and ther's no getting away from that plain and simple fact.

Since we won the league those cnuts have won 3 doubles, overtaken us in FA cup wins, had 10+ years in Champions League.

Please don't say that we are close to them. We're fcukin miles and miles away.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

Life is good

Do one

• Registered Users Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭Robxxx7

Well i think the the 2 games against the scum has shown that we are miles apart from them..... After the display last night i am absolutely sickened, no passion no fight, we seemed to wilt and tire

Sure we missed a few players,they may have made a difference, but so would the full scum team...

As much as i would have loved to walk away from supporting this bunch of passionless pi$$takers, i can't ... Spurs are in my Blood and always will be long after Jol,Lennon, Berbatov and others have left the club ..... but all this inept display at a time when they should be sticking it up em' truly tests my resolve ....

I guess it could be worse i could be a hammers fan :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 340 ✭✭twilight_singer

Am absolutely gutted, once again they have shown that they dont have the bottle for the big occasion. Jenas and Defoe were anonymous, Keane running about like a headless chicken and spending more time whinging at the ref then trying to actually score. Jol has had over two years now and spend a good bit of money I think maybe its time for a change....

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Liam Byrne wrote:
    he's a really nice guy, and more fair and balanced in most things than I am, but I'm beginning to think that Arse supporters are like Clare hurling supporters....overdue a decent run for years,
    And we're not??? :)

It's been kinda frustrating these last few years, especially when you put us beside the scum in terms of recent achievements (which are listed here already). We got really excited about getting into the UEFA cup, but the g00nars take our chance from Champions League away for which I'm kinda happy as I think we'd have potentially been sodomized by some of the talent we may have had to face). Of course this is speculative thinking and who's to say Champions League footie wouldn't have put the whole team into overdrive and that plus the extra cash it would have brought might have made some of the bigger names who were in transfer talks pre-season give us the nod? I guess it's best not to dwell too much on the what-if's, you'll only get more wound up :) Best to look forward to seeing the lads get the heads down and concentrate on on what's ahead. We have good opportunities to do very well if they find some sort of spark and string a couple of wins together to build some momentum and finish the season on a major high.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Life is good

I briefly considered being an Arsenal fan when I was a kid, but then I realised my arms would never be long enough to drag my knuckles on the floor.

Bye bye.

• Registered Users Posts: 917 ✭✭✭Macker

MJ has to start making changes ,lets start with Paul Robinson he annoys the fcuk out of me ,yes he makes the odd good save but has any other keeper been beaten so many times from 20 plus yrds all season ,plus he's over weight and bad at crosses ,lets start at the back and work our way up through the team

/rant

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

i think after yaknubu at portmouth and especilly the goal against bolton at the start of this season, teams are just taking ling range shots from anywhere.

on reaction saves, robinson is the best in the premier. of that i have no doubts. but my god, how many times can you be beaten by 30 yard shots in a single season?
    and why can we not even get shots on goal from that distance?

zakora has been a massive disappointment. we ahve missed the commitment and engine of JJ for the last 2 months. huddleston is good, but hes no carrick.

but the one player we have mssed most is king. he is almost as good as carrick in the defensive midfield role, and he can pass the ball. now, im not suggesting we start playing him as a midfielder, but i am saying that when he has the ball, and is in space, he can use it the same way.
    and he is of course one of the best centre backs in the EPL.

we also need a leader at left back. and dawson needs to step up more.

its our defensive backks and midfielders that are our undoing.

a solid base to attakc, and a solid unit in defense. at the moment, its a couple of men with a good idea doing stuff. and its not good enough.
    im not worried about left wing. we create enough chances. and with a solid base to attack from we are awesome. when our defense is rattled, we are shocking. they cant play, they cant pass, it brings our forwards back, and compresses the game, meaning less room to pass, lose the ball more, and your on the defense again.

for me, the back 4 and the zakora role have got to be changed. they are killing us.

• Advertisement
Advertisement