Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

In search of rhythm and bass

• 01-02-2007 1:11am

Hi,

This isn't really a serious ad, hoping something comes of it. Appealing to casual, laid back kind of musicians, who wont get frustrated by not being able to jam constantly, and who enjoy working on their own and bringing something new to each jam.

2 guys, 18/19 in Dublin 6 area. Incorporating 2 guitarists and a vocalist, looking for some rhythm and bass to add to our jamming sessions. Not looking to break all the records anytime soon, we're both playing a few years but would not typically be of gigging standard yet.

Interested in songwriting and development.

Influences range from Bloc Party, Bob Marley, The Kooks, Oasis, The Verve, The Spinto Band, Arcade Fire, Arctic Monkeys. But as of yet, we don't really have a distinct sound, like to mess around with a bit of everything.

Looking for people in similar location and age who would be looking to jam for a couple of hours every two weeks, have a practise location sorted, even and old drum kit!

reply on here or Pm me.

Emmet

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭Discostuy

Hey, where abouts do you practice? Is it out by D6?

yeah, we have a big garage in rathgar to practise in

*echo*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭mr_angry

Hey Emmet,

I'm an out-of-practice drummer who's looking to get back into the swing of things. (Had to sell my drumkit when I moved to Dublin). I also play guitar, and have a load of random musical equipment lying around. I guess I'm into roughly the same kind of music... maybe stuff thats a bit more random - I particularly like Biffy Clyro at the moment. Anyway, I could certainly be persuaded to do some jamming sometime, especially if you have an old drumkit in situ. I'm in no rush to get into gigging, but you never know what might happen if the right inspiration came along.

Drop me a PM if you're interested.

Angry.

No reply from Mr. Angry yet. Still in search for both a drummer and a bassist...

Is there anybody out there??

• Advertisement
Advertisement