Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PocketPC 2003 Versions

• 01-02-2007 1:54am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭

Can anyone tell me the differences in the following 2 versions of PocketPC

Windows Mobile 2003 4.20.1081 (Build 13100)

AND

Windows Mobile 2003 4.20.0 (Build 14053)

I have a C# .NET application (compact framework 1.0 looking at upgrading to 2.0sp1) running on a device running Windows Mobile 2003 4.20.1081 (Build 13100) which runs fine but on Windows Mobile 2003 4.20.0 (Build 14053) i am having issues with it locking up when a custom popup screen comes up after the device comes out of sleep mode.

Application is a scanning application running on a Symbol PPT8846 handheld device. It is used to scan items that are contained in an order file on the device.

In detail the problem is as follows:

Device enters suspend mode.
    Device is woken.
    Now procede to scan an item that causes a popup (ie item in order scanned has a customer note attached).
    [if at this point you interact with the application BEFORE scanning a item with a popup it works]
    Handheld stalls and you cannot click ok on the custom fullscreen popup.
    Soft reset it only way to get it working again.

From what i can tell it is a problem in this version of the OS that when the device exits suspend mode the OS does not apply application focus correctly as there is no problem in the other version.

Unfortunatly debuging the suspend area of PCC is a nightmare as emulators and connected devices detach debuggers when they suspend :(

Any help please???

Advertisement