Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snooker?

Options
  • 01-02-2007 2:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭

Hi, is there anywhere to play snooker in limerick?
    Thanks...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Evo9

There's not many in town, (this is what Limerick really lacks tba) but anyway here are a few places, the new vic on Hartstonge Street, funworld out the Ennis Road and I think theres a snooker hall around St Peters Street called sticks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,623 ✭✭✭adaminho

Evo9 wrote:
    There's not many in town, (this is what Limerick really lacks tba) but anyway here are a few places, the new vic on Hartstonge Street, funworld out the Ennis Road and I think theres a snooker hall around St Peters Street called sticks.
    Hi Jose, The New Vic is probably the best in town simply for the number/size of tables. Funworld AFAIK is pool only. St Michaels on Lower Cecil street has tables as does St Johns Ymca on Mulgrave street.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Stix is on Nicholas St.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,491 ✭✭✭sioda

Nope snooker in Stix is gone Davin Arms have two full size tables in the back room

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭latchiko

There is a sign up on the door of the new vic saying that it's members (and guests) only starting soon (sorry, I don't remember the exact date).. I'm not sure how much membership is but they do have good facilities there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭JoseJones

thanks for the replies guys...it seems the new vic is the best place? where is that? I'm not that familiar with limerick city....also, where is the davin arms? Caherdavin I'd imagine?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

Davin Arms is on the Ennis Road, across the road from Jetland and beside Supermacs, cant be missed.

The Vic is on Lower Hartstonge St. In between the junction with Catherine Street and O'Connell Street. http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&q=Limerick+&ie=UTF8&z=16&ll=52.659205,-8.629096&spn=0.005896,0.021629&om=1&iwloc=addr

The vic has great tables and its nice in there. It syas you have to be a member but you dont really. Just go in and say Snooker and they give you the balls and away you go. Its about 8 euro for an hour. Not bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭trevufc

any pubs in the city centre where you can play pool while having a pint?

• Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭JoseJones

Thanks lads, I'll def check out the vic....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

There was a place on Catherine St that used to have 3 or 4 tables.....think it was where Cheers used to be (can't think of the new name offhand).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,491 ✭✭✭sioda

The windmill bar on henry street have 2 tables o riardas on catherine street have 4 tables. The imperial bar on careys road have a table

• Registered Users Posts: 2,623 ✭✭✭adaminho

Liam Byrne wrote:
    There was a place on Catherine St that used to have 3 or 4 tables.....think it was where Cheers used to be (can't think of the new name offhand).

The Rack. Closed down when the they lost their Licence.
    Sioda wrote:
    The windmill bar on henry street have 2 tables o riardas on catherine street have 4 tables. The imperial bar on careys road have a table
    The Wild Geese in Clare street also have two tables.

Advertisement