Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

right to replacement pda-phone?

Options
  • 01-02-2007 3:03am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭

hi.
    i bought pda-phone from www.clove.co.uk recently.

however i had problems with the device out of the box and sent it back.
    they acknowledged the problems and said they'd send it back for repair.

i said i was only interested in replacement since i was sold a faulty device. however every time i tell them this they say they will repair it.

i have since told them i will therefore accept a refund if they can't replace it but they seem to have ignored this and keep talking about repair.

2 days ago they told me the manager would email be back about this but i haven't heard anything since.

surely i'm entitled to replacement since i had problems with it out of the box, right. can anyone set me straight on this.

here is part of their t and c if that helps:
    If a machine proves faulty within the first 28 days, then provided you still have the blank warranty card we will normally replace it ourselves from stock. After 28 days, or if the warranty card has been completed it is likely that the machine will be returned direct to the repair centre.

i actually didn't get a warranty card with the device for some reason so i'm not sure where that leaves me.

ps i've read the sticky above but it doesn't seem to deal with this repair/replacement issue specifically.

any help would be great.
    thanks.

Advertisement