Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Shower in a bag

• 01-02-2007 7:29am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭

If you live on the streets and need a wash. Try putting water in a plastic bag. Leave it out in the sun to heat up. Attach a pipe, and away you go. Gravity does the rest.

It is what I needed to do last week.

I wasn't living on the streets. Spent the week camping with a youth club up the New Zealand coast.

No showers, but we did have toilets so it wasn't all that bad.

Here is a picture of it. First time I seen one. In the end it was easier to use a tap with a garden hose to shower under.

A cold shower on a hot day after the beach.... Ahhhhh

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/173/373167979_2618ef6923.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭Exit

To be fair though, if you're living on the streets you're unlikely to be reading this thread now, are you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,473 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

And there was me having visions of a Dunnes carrier bag full of water. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Exit wrote:
    To be fair though, if you're living on the streets you're unlikely to be reading this thread now, are you?

Get some spare change from your McDonalds cup and buy one of these. Then look for free wifi and browse boards.

Now run away unless you are going to discuss the pros and cons of showering from a bag.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

Bond-007 wrote:
    And there was me having visions of a Dunnes carrier bag full of water. :D

me too :D

good idea though, but where would homeless people in ireland get the sun from ????? i havent seen it in ages :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,360 ✭✭✭Archeron

I hope that they also have instructions in Braille on those things, or I forsee many colostomy bag related lawsuits in the future.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Surely if it's hot enough to heat up that bag of water, then a cold shower would be preferable?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

i'm guessing the shower in a bag isn't the cheapest thing in the world to buy either, especially given the circumstances of your planned consumer group.

okay, so it is a bag, but it's not exactly going to cost 15c like the rest of them is it? "a shower bag for life" perhaps?

i actually had visions of some dude on nassau street with one of these hanging from a lamppost exfoliating with a pidgeon (cheaper than dove ;)).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭gonker

i actually had visions of some dude on nassau street with one of these hanging from a lamppost exfoliating with a pidgeon (cheaper than dove ).

:D lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Glowing

I presume the reason the shower bag works is that its black!

I used one of these in Fiji before, and it burnt me! - don't think it was even a brilliantly sunny day either! (actually it was cloudy for most of it)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,463 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Bag lady?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

Health and safety will ruin your plan, all carrier bags have holes in the the stop the childers dying.....

John

Advertisement